Feeding info for pygmy beardies

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

the_chap

Reaction score
G'day,

I've had my gorgeous pygmy for about two weeks now, he is coming along great, very active and smashing crickets.

I've just got a question to ask about feeding.

This will seem a bit silly but I'd rather ask it:

With vegies, I've been putting a lot of buk choy in there. (He gets daily access to fresh vegies). With the chopped up stalk, I don't think he has ever touched it. But I started putting the leafy tops in there just yesterday and he ripped right into them, first time I've seen him eat something that wasn't crickets.

So rather then feeding the stalks, do I actually feed him the leafy bits of plant matter? Cheers

Yes you can feed them the leafy part, Its still good for them and alot easier for them to chew!:)

Ok and I also should of asked:

I bought some juvenile beardy pellets the other day. Chucked some in the tank and he had no interest in them. How can I get him munching on them???

Ok and I also should of asked:

I bought some juvenile beardy pellets the other day. Chucked some in the tank and he had no interest in them. How can I get him munching on them???

Use juice to moisten them or mix the in with the vegies.
Most brands of pellets aren't really that nutritious when compared to a diet of well fed insects and fresh vegies.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back