Baby Jackies!!!

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

OuZo

Very Well-Known Member
Reaction score
Woke up to find the baby Jacky Dragons hatching today! :D :D :D

These guys are our first clutch of anything so very exciting :D. Should be ready to go to new homes in a few weeks.

On a side note, 4 out of 5 of the eggs have either split or come out...with the 5th egg, how long before people put a slit in it just incase they don't have an egg tooth? Wondering if we should wait a few days or longer?

Sorry about the piccy quality too...bloody camera either wouldn't focus or they came out too dark lol.
DSCN4194.jpg

DSCN4200.jpg

If all the others have spilt or come out then i would put a small slit in in later tonight or tomorrow morning.

PS CONGRATULATIONS :)

thats great congrats, cant wait to see more pics of the babys, and the parents.

Like I've advised Zo - I wouldn't be touching it for a few days
All of my beardie eggs hatch on different days - and I can see from your pic that that one is sweating - so it will hatch. (Unless you've sparyed them ?? I doubt it)
Just leave it alone and be patient :p
On top of that, I don't know what it's like w/ snakes (not breeding any) but with lizards, I say leave em alone and they will come out when they're ready. I have had 50 eggs hatch between last year and the start of this season (being new to breeding) and I haven't had one single dragon w/o and egg tooth.
Good luck hun

OuZo said:
Woke up to find the baby Jacky Dragons hatching today! :D These guys are our first clutch of anything so very exciting :D.

soulweaver said:
NO.2 is free and running about!!

:D :D That is very exciting for you both!!!! Congrats! Boy are they EVER teeny!!!

they would be around 3cms total length, so hard to pick up out of incubator container.

No.3 is free from the egg as well :)

Another thing that I was advised to do with my hatchie beardies is leave them in the incubator where it's dark, warm and humid for 24hrs after they're fully out of the egg.
It'll also be another few days before they start eating so don't freak out if they don't stuff their faces straight away :)
Mist them at least once daily cos they're not the brainiest of creatures and won't know what a water bowl is, but they WILL lick the droplets off their noses and other objects in the tank.
Enjoy em - they're so cute at this age :)

Great Stuff Guys. The little tackers are cute. I must come and check them out this week. WELL DONE!!! :) :)

Thanx for the advice Bekkles :p. Do most people leave them in for 24 hours? We'd already taken em out before we read that lol :oops:

Number 4 managed to make it out last night just before we went to bed :D. The last egg though when I checked this morning had an icky smell to it and had gone a darkish purply kinda colour so that one's gone. Ah well, still got 11 (or so :p) to go :D

so did they have three clutches? i would love to see some pictures of the adults, i havent seen photos of captives i dont think.

That's a bit odd - it's sweating in that pic :?
But congrats on all of the bubs anyway :D
I actually leave them in for 48 hours (personal pref) amd that's so that they can rest etc etc after their fight to escape the egg, and also to let them becoe adjusted to no longer being safe in their teency white lil round world :)
I haven't had any probs yet by doing this, and I now would be paranoid if I didn't lol.
Congrats again hun
Bex xo

here ya go jason, these are my adults.

these babys came from the girl on the left, the almost black one.

dad is the one missing a bit of his lip, he has always had that missing since i have had him, i think it is a combat wound judging by the way they fight, but who knows??

DSCN3533.jpg

Congrats!!! sorry to hijack your thread but i am expecting little beardies and i read in this thread that you keep them in the incubator for a while after they hatch? also just wondering what everyone uses to house all there hatchys in?? any help would be appreciated cheers Ben

Lol Moosey :D

And thanx Ben :D. We've just put them in a big plastic tub that we've put inside another enclosure underneath the UV light. They're on Breeders choice atm cos they're still a bit gooey and we don't want them to stick to newspaper lol. Will probably change them over soon so they can have a feed :). Dunno if our method is dodgy but it's our first time ;)

Hey Ben, I house all hatchies in either large plastic tubs with heat lamps over the top, or glass tanks with the same setup - NO substrate
Last year I used heat lamps and NEC T10 globes, this year I am using Mercury Vapour globes from the HerpShop.
When they're in tubs/tanks, it's easy to keep the tanks relatively clean, they can find all of their food with ease and it's great for misting them.
If you have any other Qs you can PM me ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back