baby pygmy from pet shop

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

n1cky83

Reaction score
a week ago i bought a 7cm baby "pygmy dragon" from a pet shop because i couldnt find any elsewhere is brisbane.

I was just thinking about something, How can i tell if the pet shop really has sold me a pygmy not a central/ inland etc,
they all look the same to me as babies

Last edited:
sorry i cant get many good ones my camera sucks

Attachments

• lizards 006.jpg
    lizards 006.jpg
    43.2 KB · Views: 91
  • lizards 007.jpg
    lizards 007.jpg
    50.6 KB · Views: 122
I'm not saying its not possible, but I can't say I have seen many, if any Pygmys with quite that amount of colouring at a young age. I'd be a little concerned. I could be wrong though.

yeah I'm not sure, i did see another shop with a fairly coloured pygmy aswell, maybe I can try and convince myself, that breeders are having a lot of luck with colouring up here haha

I paid $150 for it!

what! 150! you can get centerals for 40!
ohh well, pe stores are ripoffs.

WIll

I know you can get them cheaper but my grandfather wanted to buy it as a gift, and we did have trouble finding much to choose from in brisbane,

and he is too old to drag around everywhere looking. he bought me the enclosure aswell, i would rather care if it was another type apart from the fact that we bought a slightly smaller enclosure because we were buying a pygmy.

FINGERS CROSSED he is!

If you can get some better pics, that would be good.

Alternatively, wait until it gets bigger, then you'll know. :)

I'm sure you'll love him no matter what.

I will definately love him no mater what,
I'm just really worried i might have to replace the thank my grandfather bought me down the track if he's not a pygmy

Can you tell me what part of brissy the petshop was? There are a few online breeders here on this site from brissy :) Like falconboy just said though, you'll love him no matter what :) If you need to down the track, you can always sell the enclosure and upgrade. Goodluck!

Hi again, Petcity have a pretty good reputation for buying from breeders known to them, but are wayyy over priced. What may have happened though is info and paperwork can be stuffed up and bammm, there's a pygmy sign on the central enclosure... The one good thing about that petshop is that the staff that are in each section (eg, dogs, cats, birds and reptiles) are trained specifically and actually own the species they are selling. Soooo, the odds are, you've hopefully got yourself a pygmy. Goodluck!! :)

it is a pygmy.

not a hybrid pygmy/central either.

the colour, is nothing to question.. you can get greys, you can get yellows, you can get whites..

hopefully it's all good so i dont have to upgrade my enclosure later, there was one guy that worked there that was really good, but they all seemed to know more about birds than lizards??

how big is the enclosure?

pics?

what lights and substrate do you have?

dont worry, we all seem to get ripped off on our first reptile purchase. $150 isnt too bad for a pygmy in a store. from a breeder this year you were looking at $60-95

Hi nicky

Here is a pic of a couple of teenage beardies, the central is on the bottom, pygmy on top. As babies the pygmys have a bit of a rounder look to them.

Resize of Rotation of pic 945.jpg

kelly

wow kelly

in that pic is good,
The central looks like it has a much more defined & large head and beard with more detail
and texture

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back