baby stimson

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

kim7

Reaction score
Can anyone help me i have a stimson that i have had for about 5 weeks she had three feeds then all of a sudden went off her food a week ago she shedded her skin but now still wont eat should i be worried? or is this normal the temp in her tank is 29.

Thanks kim​

I wouldnt worry just yet. You will be suprised how long snakes can go without food.

Should i just keep offering every couple of days

What is she housed in and how is it heated? It could be that the temps are dropping too low during the cold nights which would put her off her food.

A small plastic fish tank with a heat mat under it the temp is 28

The heat pad should be under 1/3 of the tub and it should be set to 31-32 degrees. The remainder of the tub will be unheated and that will give the snake a choice of temperatures as high as 31-32 and as low as the ambient room temperature. The snake should have access to at least 30 degrees 24/7 if you want it to continue feeding through Winter. Are you using a thermostat with the heat pad?

I would definitely recommend a thermostat - it just saves you having to worry about adjusting the temp when the weather changes (this is especially important in summer when room temp can get to the 30s - the last thing your snake needs is extra heating in that situation!) Our Stimmie hatchling has a hot area of 31-32 with a cool end of about 25.

She goes 8-10 days between feeds (she is on fuzzy mice) she has never had problems with her feeding, but she does get really shy around a shed and will disappear into her hides or under the newspaper for about a week. I hope this helps - but really, I wouldn't worry about it for a while yet!

Witch is best

Witch one of these snakes will make a better first pet a stimson or a mac

Yeah,exactly.

I prefer the patterning on spotteds, but other except for size difference (spotteds get bigger), there's not much difference.

Yeah,exactly.

I prefer the patterning on spotteds, but other except for size difference (spotteds get bigger), there's not much difference.

There are quite a few differences between spotteds and stimmies, Look at all the different
markings and the size of some of the different locals for a start. they all aint the same.
It all comes down to what python you like the look of.

I have a stimson (baby) that is not eating so she is being assist feed every 5 days by the breeder but he has offerd to replace her with a mac if i wanted to just dont know witch one is the better first snake?

Either of them would make a great first snake, You are the one that has to be happy
with what you choose. Some people on here are very biased towards one or the other
mainly because they have only kept that paticular snake and not the other.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back