Baby Tree Frogs

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

FrogLegs

Reaction score
I have 4 baby tree frogs about 4 weeks old from being tadpole.
at the moment i have them in an empty tank waiting for the new one to arrive.
i want to put dark gravel in the land side but here that the frogs will accidently eat the gravel.
can someone please advise? cause i want to set it up to be very nice looking.

I'm not 100% sure, but frogs in the wild live around creeks etc, which would have pebbles and stones around it, so I don't think that they'd be able to eat it, I guess if you were really worried about it, you could try feeding them in a separate enclosure. Hopefully someone with experience in frogs will be able to help.

I heard from an exp keeper that the frogs will eat gravel. As Fay said, just use decent size pebbles. The guy who i am talking about simply has the frogs in a plastic tub with a few slabs of slate on top of each other to make a raised area and thats it, uv light and heat of course but no pebbles or rocks. He said there is two problems with the gravel, one that the frogs eat it and two that when the food and crap fall into the water they go under the gravel and ppl miss it. Hope this helped out. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back