Background style for Murray Darling

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Stopthatsnake

Reaction score
Tonight im hopefully going to start shaping my background for my murray darling and im wondering if i would be better off making it look like a tree or a rock wall...

Opinions? Photos of your MD's enclosure?

A rock wall with vines, maybe the roots and trunk of a tree in one corner, kinda like a ruins theme. Then you sorta cover both in 1 go.

I have thought about what kind of background a MD would benefit from. I reckon you should try and model it on the types of areas that these would be found to occur in their natural habitat. I reckon a rocky outcrop style with some old hollow logs with some stingy pieces of bark and eucalyptus leaves littered on the floor would look good. Perhaps try and make a few crevices in the rocks that the snake could partially snuggle into. You should do a rough sketch of what you want to achieve first.

Would you have an example of this? Id be curious to see it done
photo-38.jpg

this one is huge at 2m x 2m. I cant talk prices here as i have to renew my sponsorship and i'll get in trouble

yeah after seeing that... I'm a bit unsure if i want to continue... release my snake into the wild and hide away from everyone for a month...

god thats amazing! something to compete with :)

It's achievable, you just need the confidence to do it, jump in and try a small hide first to get a feel for it, then its great fun from there :)

Yeah i have already started with my background... im just not sure how i want to shape it.. maybe ill go jungle with rocks sticking out... Genius!

It's achievable, you just need the confidence to do it, jump in and try a small hide first to get a feel for it, then its great fun from there :)

that is so true, Never Limit yourself. keep trying even if your first one doesn't turn out exactly as you imagined. just go in all guns blazing, try different techniques, and if you don't like it, grout or paint over it. i mean, you are trying to replicate rock, and what does a rock look like?, there are so many different styles and variety, it basically doesn't matter what you do

i hate how people ask stein for example make me so jealous that tank is amazing :O
:)

he puts all our work to shame ...... but i love looking at them for inspiration.
:)

yeah after seeing that... I'm a bit unsure if i want to continue... release my snake into the wild and hide away from everyone for a month...

god thats amazing! something to compete with :)

awh thanks for the kind words guys. I"ve put a lot of effort and time into my work especially this past year. Always trying to better myself and provide new and exciting products for you guys. You should see some of the new stuff being unveiled at the GC Expo. I take joy in hearing people like them....

Last edited:
:)awh thanks for the kind words guys. I"ve put a lot of effort and time into my work especially this past year. Always trying to better myself and provide new and exciting products for you guys. You should see some of the new stuff being unveiled at the GC Expo. I take joy in hearing people like them....

Your work is always inspirational im a regular stalker lol put me on the TBA list for those vines... they look great- please take lots of pics at the expo, for all of us that cant make it

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back