Backyard visitors...

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Funkstaa

Reaction score
A friend just posted a pic of an Ackie that she thinks has made itself a home in her yard (we live in the bush) She isn't into herps and wants to know how to 'move it on' as she's worried if her kids suprise something might happen, is there anyway to let it know it's unwelcome? I on the other hand am extremely jealous lol and wish it would've made it's way to my yard haha - ne way suggestions?

Why move it on? Just get her to let the kids know its there and to leave it alone. You don't need to be a reptlie fanatic to appreciate having wild life in your yard

Let her know her kids are at absolutely no danger, if they go near it chances are itll run off.

I've said pretty much the same thing as you guys - she's not keen on having it stay though :/ Here's what she had origonally written...
[h=6]Okay I don't mind butterflies, birds, bees and ladybugs coming into my garden so I can take their photo but I certainly did not expect this fellow when I almost stepped on him this arvo. Frightened the **** out of me He is about 60cm long and obviously has a home somewhere in our garden as my husband found him in our kids sandpit a couple of months ago drinking some milk that we had put out for a cat. Just hope he leaves before he gets too much bigger, don't fancy a goanna as a pet.[/h]Then after I said how lucky she was, she responded with ummm no - how can I get rid of it.... Getting someone to relocate the little guy would be the only way yeah - If they can catch him hahaha

Go round to her house, pick it up and take it home lol nah maybe a snake relocator would we willing to do it?
God some people dont know how lucky they are lol its the people who dont want them who get them.

almost my egzact answer Snakeluvver haha, didn't think to mention that Fuscus, I love snakes but even I'm getting a bit sick of seeing browns out here, I'm thinking we must have mice in the shed somewhere as they're getting pretty decent and they're allllways there - now they scare the crap outta me! I'd take the Ackie any day lol

No contradiction there. Just because there is a chance it may not run off when approached. There is still no danger, as long as it's not picked up

I just have one question.......... Does your friend own a cat?

".....my husband found him in our kids sandpit a couple of months ago drinking some milk that we had put out for a cat...."

This part of her quoted statement makes me believe that they were leaving dosed milk out for a pest cat (cos, lets face it, who would leave milk in a sandpit for their own cat??)

If that is the case - I'd DEFINITELY get that Ackie removed.... Dosed Milk is a shocking thing to leave out.

Good point Schnecke, I'll definately ask I assumed it was for her cat ( I have only met her a few times but we're in the same local photography group) I think it's best it's relocated too if that is the case but who would be the best person to contact when we're in the middle of no where, I'm all for my herps but wild ones make me jumpy hahaha

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back