Bad Eggs? Please HELP!

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Kristy86

Reaction score
Hi all,

well my central bearded just laid her first clutch, and when i dug them up there was 24 of them but about half look bad!! what should i do?? is this normal to have so many bad ones?? some are stuck together, i have put them in like that, should i seperate them or just leave them?? ihave put some photos in

thanks for any help!

Attachments

• eggs2.JPG
    eggs2.JPG
    107 KB · Views: 72
  • eggs 1.JPG
    eggs 1.JPG
    89.9 KB · Views: 71
How long before you dug them up. Hard to tell by size comparison, but if most are yellow, could be slugs(infertile eggs).

If they were buried too long, and the substrate wasnt moist, looks like they could be dehydrated.

Just put the lid on to increase the humidity and put em in the incubator and see what happens.

In a few days candle them and see if there are blood vessells.

ok, thanks geckoman, that makes me feel a bit better! it was about an hour or so after she laid that i dug them up. the soil is quite moist as it has been raining the last few days, even had a shower this morning, so i think it was plenty moist enough, the bad looking ones actually feel really soft, like a ballon half filled with water, sloppy almost.

cheers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back