bad grammar knockers

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Elapidae1

Very Well-Known Member
Reaction score
I try very hard most of the time to make sure my posts are spelt correctly and all the dots and dashes are in the correct place, problem is it is very time consuming as i find it very difficult (5 mins just to get this far) I understand that this can be frustrating for the reader as I can detect bad punctuation in others posts more than my own ,sometimes they can be difficult to read but I perservere because often these peoples replys are very intelligent and there input and knowledge is highly regarded by me. Some people on this forum can be intolerant of other people that don't have a good grasp of of the english language. I suggest these people should try and understand that there is various reasons why, whether it be a lack of education (no fault of there own) or maybe they just find it very difficult to grasp. It doesn't make me or others less intelligent and it would be foolish to assume so as you may just miss out on that bit of info you were asking for in the first place and that wouldn't be very smart.

speaking for myself, i can overlook bad grammer in this environment, but it can be hard work when there are no commas or full stops and it is full of 'sms shortcuts'

i can handle bad grammer [ as im not the best either] but sms shortcuts drive me nuts .

I find the grammar nazis (myself included) tend to be most active when a post is both poorly written (from a grammatical and spelling point of view) and stupid. If a post is intelligent but with spelling errors, people tend to be cool with that.

I don't mind how people type, as long as it's not in all caps or sms shortcuts.

But I do tend to correct the people that I don't like, it really annoys them xD

i just look at it and wonder why they didn't read it before pressing the button . lol

i just look at it and wonder why they didn't read it before pressing the button . lol

Maybe they did but didn't realize there spelling and/or grammar was incorrect. That's my point

I rly h8 it wen ppl tlk like dis.

It really doesn't take that much more time to spell correctly.

Dude. you need captil letters for the Title, of your THread,

I always try to use correct spelling and punctuation, especially when I am asking a question or needing help. I think people should put in the extra effort if they are expecting someone to read through it and give the help they need.

I find it easy to discern a person that has poor knowledge of the use of grammar and spelling and a kid that thinks they are cool for using the type of language they would use on MSN or a text. Simple typo's do not bother me in the slightest.

I personally believe that if a person cannot take the extra time out of their precious life to construct legible sentences and phrases then I will not take the time to help them or answer their questions, should I be able to.

grammarnazi.jpg

That is all. :D

People that care have way to much time on their hands!!!!!

A lot of the time I think it just comes down to being too lazy to bother trying to construct sentences with correct punctuation and grammar.

I don't believe that anyone can go through 10 years of schooling and not know that you put a capital at the beginning of sentences or that you put full stops and commas in.

I'm one that won't bother to keep reading something that is poorly written as I find it too hard.

I'm not talking about sms chat as that is a decision to shorten the thread not bad grammar, personally I don't like sms either and if I can't reply to an sms with a simple Y or N I ignore it or pick up the phone and call, I think some sms is fine such as LOL to express ones reaction to a thread they have just read but whole replies or threads in sms can be difficult. Just as a thought though our language started to evolve from the moment Europeans settled in Australia in speech and the written word, maybe technology has sped that evolution up and SMS will cause the final demise for the written English language.

I think it's just as easy if not easier to type with good grammar. If you learn how to type either by doing it how I did, computer games, or by being taught properly. Either way, I personally think it's easier not to do stupid shortcuts or abbreviations for words not only are people more likely to understand what you're saying, but they wont think to themselves "What an idiot".

My names Vince and I'm a grammar Nazi. xD

They (and I don't know who 'they' are) actually did some sort of study on it and apparently it is being thrown around that the SMS talk is actually meant to be more intelligent because of the fact that they can understand whole sentences made up of just letters.
Personally though, I find it takes longer to read them.

They (and I don't know who 'they' are) actually did some sort of study on it and apparently it is being thrown around that the SMS talk is actually meant to be more intelligent because of the fact that they can understand whole sentences made up of just letters.
Personally though, I find it takes longer to read them.

Eh, the human mind could make up sentences based off of few words before SMSing was around. I've forgotten the ACTUAL amount of letters per word and all that jazz, but its something along the lines of as long as the word has 2 or 3 letters in the correct sequence, the rest of it can be random characters or jumbled up things and the brain will interpret it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back