bad herp owner!!

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

CandiceJ

Not so new Member
Reaction score
Hi all, I have a friend who desperately wants a snake, which was fine, until he got licensed recently. Now he has gone all out and bought this beautiful enclosure for over $1000 and is looking at what to get.
The problem is, he is hopeless at looking after anything... He has had a bluie for years that is insane, it is savage, really overweight and its one of those pets that gets poked to make it react and the enclosure is always being tapped etc...
Im seriously concerned about how this snake will go.. anyone got any ideas? I cant stop him, he's licensed!! The other thing is, he is really scared of even my 'over the top cuddly' stimmo!!
short of letting him get a huge snake and letting it bite him, im totally lost about what to do? And I dont want to have to dob him in, he's a mate, I dont want it to come to that if i can help it...

do what is best for the animal i guess. it is tough but in the end it has to be for the better of the animal

dont think theres much you can do other than try and educate him about snakes and their requirements. theres no point reporting him at this pointas theres nothing to make a report about. but if when he gets a snake and it becomes reglected or ill treated then you should report him

By the sound of it (in true APS style;)) it will be a vicious, and over fed on live rats. Strange he wants a snake and is afraid of yours.

If your a true friend, you will help him become a better owner by offering advice and education, and being there to help him through the learning process. We were all bad herp owners till we learned better.

I agree with pythoness. While I understand your concern, there is still a chance he'll be different with the snake (can only hope). Stay with him and help him be a better owner without sounding like you're accusing him of anything you think he is gonna do.

dont think theres much you can do other than try and educate him about snakes and their requirements. theres no point reporting him at this pointas theres nothing to make a report about. but if when he gets a snake and it becomes reglected or ill treated then you should report him
hats about it,try an educate him but im sure he wouldnt be the only irresponsible person out there,plenty of people that get pets as a novelty of having it

Dont worry, I have been in the same situation. Hopefully with time they will wise up

try and educate him on everything and if you see that it is being misteaded or not looked after then do something whether you have a chat to him about your concerns or report him. it's a tough one good luck with what you decide.i just hope that the snake does not get to aggresive and strike at everyone that goes near it's enclosure.

Yea all you can do is try and educate him on the basic care of snakes, maybe buy him a book? I had a mate who was keeping a diamond without a license and i was really confused on what to do so i sorta understand the persision your in...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back