bad shed - head didn't come off....

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
mine's got a retained head shed and i tried most of these methods to get it off. it's still there a few weeks later but I've been told by a few people to just leave it, it should come off next shed. hoping so anyway :)

It would be a good idea to get it off as if it doesn't it might cut blood flow to his head and that can be pretty bad.....
If it can make the snake loose part of it tail, I'd hate to see what it would do to one's head.

Last edited:
I agree with redbellybite - avoid sticky tape!! a couple of times when she was younger my coastal python got bits stuck on her head. I squirted her with reptile demister and gave her a piece of bark which she used to rub her head against - that worked. Now she a large bough with rough bits of bark at one end which she often uses to help herself.

Glad it came off ...get yourself a rubber thumb and keep it in your kit ..it will come in handy ...soaking a snake all the time isnt always the best option and some can get pissed off ..wet towels do work ..but for that bit of stubborn shed ..rubber thumb .;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back