Banded Knob-tailed Geckoes???

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Colletts

Reaction score
Hey everyone,
Just wondering if anyone knows if the Banded Knob-tailed Gecko (Nephrurus wheeleri wheeleri) is on licence and if so, how much do they go for? Know any breeders?
Thanks heaps

Yeh there were some for sale on herp trader man when i seen 4k i thought tell them there dreaming :lol:

be verry carefull these geckos go up another grand or two after the permits are done!
strat out at 4k then when all is good they go up!

they are available, being bred, and on license. have seen some myself.
awesome looking gex

be verry carefull these geckos go up another grand or two after the permits are done!

Funny you say that.
I've heard exactly the same thing.
Strange.

Awesome, thanks guys. Well it don't look like i'll be getting Banded Knob-tails anytime soon!!!

Funny you say that.
I've heard exactly the same thing.
Strange.

Tell me about it!!

The further I got in the 'negotiation' :? process the more expensive they got :evil:... You think once you give swap details for an export permit that the price is agreed on=> WRONG!! ooops, seems someone else now wants 'em for $1000 more..... "but they are still yours if you can step up".... I think the price of these gex went up by $1500 to $2000...

I can wait for Wheeleri ;);););););)

yeah for sure and we were all first on the list too!

i think a few of us were all first at the same time!

Seems we were the only ones who refused to get sucked into a silent auction !! lol

Well it's not like the guy who marketted them is well known for being an honest, trustworthy person or anything. Other people have them, they will be on the market sooner or later...best to deal with people who wouldn't rob their own mother for a dollar.

reply I received from the seller a few months back :

unsexed wheeleri are $6000 pair, sexed older young are $7000

I would love some Wheeleri, but I have no intentions of getting into a silent Auction or paying that price,..

What a joke thay shouldnt advertise them if that is not the price, it should say offers over.....

Ill just have to wait and hope they come down eventually to a price that I am willing to pay & can afford,. ;)

reply I received from the seller a few months back :

unsexed wheeleri are $6000 pair, sexed older young are $7000

I would love some Wheeleri, but I have no intentions of getting into a silent Auction or paying that price,..

What a joke thay shouldnt advertise them if that is not the price, it should say offers over.....

Ill just have to wait and hope they come down eventually to a price that I am willing to pay & can afford,. ;)

They start at 6000, go to 7000 once you have agreed to buy, then jump to 8000 once your NPWS papers are returned...... oh, and shipping is probably $4500.... plus insurance....

Wow, I can't believe they are that expensive down there. Up here in the states they are like 1,250 a pair or so. They breed like bunnies, easily the most productive of the knobtails, so I find those prices a little un-justified.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back