Banded Knob-tailed Geckoes???

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Everyone was warned enough times about this particular seller .. can't say I am surprised by the unscrupulous price hikes.

I dont know the guy, but gee he seems to have a great reputation ;)

DDReptiles, the price is certainly a joke, but he is the only one offering them for sale ATM, so he can pretty much make up the prices , . that wont be the case for too long.
I like how you guys can buy our native animals cheaper than we can ;) grrrr, no fair

I like how you guys can buy our native animals cheaper than we can ;) grrrr, no fair

Oh you guys still have it pretty good, I get jealous seeing how cheap your leaftails are down there (I would kill to get some salebrosus or cornutus) and how taenicauda only cost $100 or so :p

Just to set the record straight for people like Johnno who has been in the hobby for five minutes. They were advertised at $4000 and thats is what they sold for. There was no silent auction as has been suggested. We set the price on some older animals and this is what they were sold for. So people like Nick who was obviously one of the time wasters we had, you should get your facts right first. We now have younger animals available and these will be sold cheaper than the first ones. So hopefully for the serious gecko people you guys will get the opportunity to purchase some of these amazing little lizards that need to be out in the hobby where they can be enjoyed by everyone.

Just So people like Nick who was obviously one of the time wasters we had, you should get your facts right first. .

Simon, we spoke BEFORE you ever advertised the animals... remember.

Every time we emailed or I discussed the animals with you the cost went up, never did you say to me- 'these animals are $4000 each'. You asked ME to make an offer, and then kept negotiating upward. Oh, and in my previous posts I never said that you sold them for OR asked for more than the 4000 that you subsequently advertised them for.

As far as I was concerned we had then negotiated a price that I was happy to pay and you seemed happy to accept- you then ring and say that the Export permit to ship to me has come through, HOWEVER someone else (a lady in Qld if my memory serves me right :?) was willing to pay more but if I wanted to pay more I could still have them.... after already increasing my original offer by at least $1000=> forget it!

If you had been up front, nominated a price (even the price you subsequently advertised for) and then stuck to it things would have gone differently. So don't tell me to go and get my facts right. If you dont think doing what you did is a silent auction then think again.

I wish you every luck in continuing to breed and sell these great little lizards, to tell you the truth I was very disapointed not to get them but in the end the deal tasted sour.

I had the money and every intention to buy those animals, but the feeling that I was being taken for a ride put me right off. I bought five pairs of rough knob-tails instead, and am very happy I did. I may even use the money I get from the hatchies this season to buy me a couple of wheeleri PMSL :lol::lol::lol::lol:

Last edited:
Well i can add to this as i know for a fact that after the permits were done the price went up a grand. While the deal was being done the animals in question changed from adult pair to 3mth old pair to hatchos and the price still went up even know the agreed price was 4k each?????? Dr Nick was not a time waster mate he had the money and was good to go for a straight foward deal, not to be mucked around! mate i know of many people who were in contact over these great geckos and it was a bidding war from the start, the sad part is the crap has put people right off them atm and most of us will wait till someone else will breed them. At the end of the day others have them now and they are really easy to breed in captivity accordingly to the keepers in states and others.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back