Bank Advice

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Bushfire

Reaction score
Hi All, Due to the new COP I have to build some bigger monitor cages. The advice needed is in a bank ie. 4 cages high and 6 cages across what is the best way to construct the internal walls so that they are all inline? I didn't want each unit to be made separately and stacked on each other. I hope that makes sense.

I would make them 4 high by 1 or 2 cages wide so you can move them if you wish . 4 x 6 bank is very large.
If you definitely want a single large bank you can get a kitchen place to computer cut the verticals and shelves so that they slot into each other.
All my draw systems are made that way. The shelves have a slot from the rear half way to the front to accomodate the walls and the walls have a slot from the front to half way to accomodate the shelves. Its similar to how a box is divided for a dozen bottles of wine.

If you plan on moving it from that room without dismantling it make sure it fits through the doorways(including the height). Remember that the wider you make the unit the harder it will be to move (through doorways &) around corners. But if its your own house and you dont plan on moving any time then go nuts.

If it is permanent then I personally would go with computer cut because it will be super neat. Plus it saves you lots of hours labour (at a higher cost obviously).

If you build it yourself you can screw a timber batten to the inside of the side walls then place the shelf on top of that so the batten is taking the weight of the shelf. It will be stronger if you screw the batten from the outside and use the longest possible screw that wont poke right through the batten into the enclosure.

Aaron

The plan was that these would go into a double garage so wouldn't have to go through doorways. Each row of banks would be 4m long 1m deep and 2m high. In the double garage I would be able to fit 4 rows. As I rent I planned that the 4m long would be able to separate into 3 sections and be on wheels. Its just been taking forever to figure out how to construct the internal walls and look good.

You may have to go through doorways in the next location so if you make them 800mm deep x 2000mm high they will go through a standard door. 1200mm works better than 1000 as you get 2 out of a 2400 sheet with no waste. To do what you want, you'd have 12 banks of 1200 wide x 2000 high x 800 deep divided vertically into 4 cages of about 500mm high, giving a total of 48 cages. I have pretty well the same for pythons , only mine are divided vertically into 6 of 300 high. I join cages by way of 100mm portholes so animals can have either a 1200 wide cage; a 2400 cage or a 3600 cage 4 bolts with wingnuts hold the ajoining cages together. Those sizes also work for transport if you do have to move them. No computer cutting necessary , just make one and when your happy massproduce the rest with mister ply.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back