BASKING LAMPS

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

RYLIE7

Not so new Member
Reaction score
I HAVE AN INFRA RED BASKING LAMP, VERY LOW HEAT AND I WANT TO KNOW CAN YOU KEEP THEM ON ALL NIGHT OR DO YOU KEEP IT ON ONLY DAYLIGHT HOURS. ITS VERY COLD AT NIGHT 0-2 DEGREES BUT 20-25 DURING THE DAY? - FOR THE BEARDED DRAGONS, JUVINILE

you can keep it on all night especially if its getting that cold.
P.S CAPS means you are shouting on a forum. go with lower case unless you are very angry :evil:

Didnt mean to SHOUT at everyone, caps on always on for work! - thanks for letting me know its okay to keep basking light on.

heheh no worries :):) its good for juvies to be kept a bit warmer at night I find they grow a lot faster as well. only problem is your house looks like a red light district :):) I use a low watt heat mat instead of a light as they are more expensive in the long run.

My older bearded dragon has always had a heat mat on the ground and a heat rock to sit on up the top part of his cage but all the care sheets and people that know a little about them say that under belly heat is not good for them. He seems in great health - but I got the heat lamp as I dont want to ill treat them. So you are saying that heat mats are okay? I felt that they were too.

Yeah heat mats are fine, (as long as they dont get too hot) which is why I use a very low wattage type. If it was bad for beardys to have underbelly heat then why would they bask on rocks in the wild? another herp false opinion if you ask me. My guys nearly always sleep over where the heat mat is.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back