bearded dragon enclosures

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

xJACKx

Reaction score
i am trying to set up a bearded dragon enclosure and was just wondering what yours looks like? so post some pics :D

One of mine. Built in old English oak and Tasmanian oak. Slate background and shelf in the middle with 2 heat/UVA lights and 3 fluros, 1 being a UVA/UVB also. It has a glass fish tank built into the bottom left hand corner for a egg laying area, or for easy conversion to a water tank for water monitors. It has 2 fibreglassed pot plants for installation on live plants. Each pot has a water valve on the bottom for easy watering and drainage. Also has a heat cord underneath all the substrate for warmth during those cold winter nights.

Cheers Barf

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByTapatalk1305689819.663157.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1305689819.663157.jpg
    82.6 KB · Views: 451
DSC09537.jpg

DSC09542.jpg

Awesome setup Izzy!
Heres a pic of mine...
2011-04-14_16-16-36_463.jpg
I've moved a few things around since this pic, but you get the idea.

oh awesome! is that big enough for 2? I've got a 90cmx45cm(deep)x60cm(high) and i've only got one...reckon it would be big enough for 2? :)

Haha maybe, but it can be difficult housing beardies together, depends on their temperament really. I'm lucky Monte is such an old man he doesn't mind being bossed around by Gomez! (Gomez is actually female) but I did have problems with a clutch mate of Gomez's who used to attack her and had to be rehomed. Gomez was a very sick little beardie with MBD so bother her and Monte don't exactly run around a lot. Hehe

Oh really? Its a really good enclosure! Its got awesome ventelation and the glass slide really easily! Also the light spot is really useful!

The first thing i did was make a frame out of thing plywood. Then i screwed it in so if nesecary it is removable. Then i put flat sheets of polystyrene on (using sylicon to stick them onto the plywood). Next i put the basic fetures on (the large ledges) and carved them to look nice with a knife. Then i added some final 'rocks'. The rocks and ledges were made out of strong polystyrene and glued on using sylicon. The large ledges have extra support of metal frames (you can't see these from the outside). Then i mixed plaster of paris, cement colour and sand and painted it! I was really pleased with the texture and it was way easier then it sounds! It was so cheap all up costing only around $50 much cheaper than i store bought one! I'd love to see some photos when your done! :)

Sorry bout horrible spelling mistakes...

Oh really? Its a really good enclosure! Its got awesome ventelation and the glass slide really easily! Also the light spot is really useful!

The first thing i did was make a frame out of thing plywood. Then i screwed it in so if nesecary it is removable. Then i put flat sheets of polystyrene on (using sylicon to stick them onto the plywood). Next i put the basic fetures on (the large ledges) and carved them to look nice with a knife. Then i added some final 'rocks'. The rocks and ledges were made out of strong polystyrene and glued on using sylicon. The large ledges have extra support of metal frames (you can't see these from the outside). Then i mixed plaster of paris, cement colour and sand and painted it! I was really pleased with the texture and it was way easier then it sounds! It was so cheap all up costing only around $50 much cheaper than i store bought one! I'd love to see some photos when your done! :)

Sorry bout horrible spelling mistakes...

thanku so much... :) and yeah once i am done i will post some pics and let u know :) i think it looks awesome :)

Thanks again ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back