Bearded Dragon Heating Question

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
no need for red bulb. Please swap it for a normal basking light and switch all lights off over night

Again, don't use a red bulb. It's just bad husbandry.

Why is it bad for them..?

- - - Updated - - -

I don't have heating for the babies at night apart from the red light i refuse to use a heat mat and have been told their temp isn't suppose to go below 24 ¤ at night .....so are you telling me this is not for babies?

they associate heat to the bright white of the sun. You should try and replicate this. Provide a white/cream coloured light as a basking spot. UVB tube is also needed.
The temp can go below 24. I would leave them overnight without heat unless your house temps fall below 15celcius. There should be no light at all on at night time. Keep it simple just like a nice normal sunny day..10 or so hours of sunshine. Otherwise you risk bothering their sleeping patterns which can stress them out. Your basking temp for babies should be 40-45degrees celcius.
If by the odd chance that there is a cold period of weather just put a small room heater and switch on for a few mins just to take the chill out of the air

My enclosure

20131122_104809-1171116041.jpgThis is my babies enclosure at the moment I am going to be getting a bigger enclosure soon20131122_104809-1171116041.jpg

cool enclosure!! id just swap the red light for a normal basking bulb and the uvb you have is fine. Personally if it was my enclosure I would either move the uvb bulb closer to the basking bulb (too keep only one light source and also so they get the uvb rays whilst basking for heat).

Thanks they very much love their enclosure especially all their climbing sticks .

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back