Bearded Dragon Incubation Questions.

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

timothyng1998

Not so new Member
Reaction score
Hi everyone, i'm new to this forum although i have been reading discussions on this website as part of my research when keeping reptiles.
I'm kinda new to the reptile world. Got my first bearded dragon last year, and now i have 2 blue tongues, 3 beardies and 9 marbled geckos. Keeping Reptiles is so addictive.
I'm trying to breed my BDs and BTs this year. Both of the pairs mate this month, but i need help with the incubation process for bearded dragons.
When people say 80 degrees 80% humidity, is that the temperature in the incubator or in one of the egg containers. Because i'm wondering wouldn't the humidity and temperature be different inside the containers? and is there anything i'll have to pay attention to while breeding reptiles? Thanks.

I'm no expert by any means but 80% humidity sounds like its way to high. And that would be 80 degrees Fahrenheit not Celsius (80 Fahrenheit = 26-27 Celsius). As for your question from what I have read it usually refers to the incubator temp not the container. And again from what I have read you should pay attention to humidity, temperature and egg coloration plus formation/shape.

kind regards
CN

Thanks for the reply, CrazyNut. I went to a few websites and the results are quite different the humidity ranging from 50%-90%. i personally think 90% is way to high, that's like rainforest weather. but i've never got a certain answer.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back