Beardie favouring one leg?

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks Gery, I hope so too.

I will be sure to let you all know how she goes. Fingers crossed she makes a speedy recovery...

You've been doing a lot of finger crossing this week, your fingers must be sore lol

Good news. It seems the weird lump in her tummy was just a bit of impaction, as she's done a big poop tonight and the lump is now gone. She's also using her arm a bit more, so that looks to be improving too.

Gee you've had a hard week. Sounds like you need a stiff drink. Glad to hear she's on the up and up.

a young beardie i once had did the same thing
when hunting he'd, for no reason, stop using certain legs, sometimes only using one
then a month later he died of impaction
but im sure yours wont be as serious :)
but now ive made sure the ones ive just bought have absolutly no loose substrate at all

good luck i hope its nothing serious :)
~cheers
Camo...

No probs Miss B, .....but all you reptile keepers please think on substrate....newspaper may be easier..but, fake grass,carpet or even a rubber backed car mat is better for grip and long term all our reptile...especially the legged kind need to use muscles...climbing,swimming etc... If they lose muscle tone their in trouble, dont get me wrong...its also important to keep them clean.......i know what some have gone through with losing part of the family and how close others have got ..not every one has the extra time.
Dont mean to upset anyone......just a bit of my advice ..not all will agree.

thats great shes getting better. my ones improved too:)

Yeah she's on astro turf most of the time, then when I'm lazy and it's been cleaned and is hanging on the line to dry, I use newspaper :lol: I like the look of astroturf, much more pleasing to the eye than newspaper.

Alex, I'm glad to hear your girl has perked up! Has she laid a clutch recently?

Yeah she's on astro turf most of the time, then when I'm lazy and it's been cleaned and is hanging on the line to dry, I use newspaper :lol: I like the look of astroturf, much more pleasing to the eye than newspaper.

Alex, I'm glad to hear your girl has perked up! Has she laid a clutch recently?
yeah this lot of hatchies i was selling. ive just been mixing up a heap of pellets and a bit of muttonbird oil and giving it to her in a syringe and feeding her bits of apple and was told by matt stockdale to worm her and i did. and she seems to be improving:) her temperament is better too lol shes gone from a monster to an angel lol

Ok cool, so she just laid the one clutch?
2 this season but i stuffed one up and only had 2 hatch from it:( but the second one was 100% hatch rate although we lost one hatchling

Totally agree...it takes too much out of the breeder to expect her to have more than 2 clutches in one season,
seen CATASTROPHEES...when its been done.

thats not true entirely dragon lady,if u feed them enough,there quite capable of it,some do in the wild,its when there not fed enough that u have issues,that goes with calcium ect,if there not fed right then u can have issues after laying clutches

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back