Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

beney_boy

Reaction score
ok, so last week i ordered a red sandfire ackie from a guy so i went out and built this beautiful 4ft L x 2ft D x 3ft H enclosure fully set up, and whats the guy do, he sells it. so i was thinking, what else can i put in it that needs similar conditions and one lizard popped into my head...a central bearded dragon. ive got a downlight for heat with a 50w bulb but i dont really know what temps CBDs need. ive also got a 2ft UV tube running. i dont have a thermostat because i didnt need one for the monitor. can people help me out:
1. would the downlight be hot enough or too hot. at 30cm it should reach a basking temp of 40-50C.
2. is ther anything else i need to add to the enclosure, i have a log, sand, rock for basking spot and ofcourse a water bowl.

any help would be appreciated.
cheers, ben.

high forties for the temperature might be a bit TOO hot but if its low forties it should be ok as long as there is a shady spot that ur beardie can cool off. they are AWESOME lizards to own, very interactive and you can hold them whenever so it's pretty good. i am not sure if sand is a good substrate especially if you are going to get a baby one because they like to lick their environment and if they eat too much sand it's no good. i have fake grass in mine but you can use other things like tiles etc.
hope i helped.
M

high forties for the temperature might be a bit TOO hot but if its low forties it should be ok as long as there is a shady spot that ur beardie can cool off. they are AWESOME lizards to own, very interactive and you can hold them whenever so it's pretty good. i am not sure if sand is a good substrate especially if you are going to get a baby one because they like to lick their environment and if they eat too much sand it's no good. i have fake grass in mine but you can use other things like tiles etc.
hope i helped.
M
awesome, i havent actually put the sand in yet so i might just get some of that fake grass stuff aswell. if i lowered the globe wattage it should be fine right?
yer i previously owned a trio of eastern bearded dragons. i loved them. awesome little things. thanks for the help.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back