beardies

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Reptilegirl

Reaction score
Hello everyone :mrgreen:
Well i've now got my 4 baby central beardies.. They are so CUTE!! :D They are all eating the litle roaches (aswell as eating some greens in the process :p ) they love Nasturtiums :D ... But only the yellow ones :? ... They have also tried dandelions but didnt seem to like them too much.. i'll try them again another day...
I've been thinking about some things, so i thought i'd ask some questions...

How often do you mist your beardies??

What is the average weight of a 3-4 week old hatchy suppose to be??

And why do they change colour??
I have 1 dark, 1 light and two that change from light to dark all the time...

Cheers.
Take care. Have fun.
Megz.

Im no expert although i think they change colours depending on their temperature. But someone correct me if im wrong.

I misted my babies every day for the first 3 months or so, after that it was about twice a week.
I think they change colour depending on their moods. Mine goes dark when im handling him, bright orange when he is asleep, and bright orange when he is asleep on my chest when im wearing my wallabies top!!! (so i think it depends on their surrounds aswell).

Dont stress too much about weight, just so long as they are alert, eating and having general beardie fun, then thats fine.

Thanx everyone..
Yeah i thought the colour changing had to do with moods and heat and stuff but i just wanted to make sure :)
Nah i'm not worried about their weight... they seem to be doing fine.. I was just interested thats all.
So you only mist them once a day? cos mine haven't yet discovered the water bowl... so should i still just mist them once a day or not?
Cheers
Take care. Have fun.
Megz

do u keep them together Reptilegirl?

I would still mist them once a day and twice if you think they need it. Hatchies can dehydrate within 24hrs if on heat without water and once on a downward spiral, very hard to stop.

hey
pugsly if you want to see some pic feel free to look in my personal gallery thing...
Yep i keep all of them together (who know's.. it might change later on in life...)
and cheers hugsta :)
Megz

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back