Beardy advise

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Chilali

Reaction score
Hey Guys,

I have Ruski a 1 year old Beardy

I have had her since she was a baby and have grown quiet fond of her :)

I was looking at selling her due to lack of time to look after her and handle her and found it unfair on her.

I just spent 20 minutes with her she had a swim in shallow water etc and ran around and i wondered if i should keep her.

Help advise please :(

I wouldn't worry too much about the "not being able to handle her much" part, the "look after her" part is the most important. You've said you're very fond of her so I'd try to find a bit more time.

This decision is yours to make, if you've decided you can't look after her properly then maybe you can't.

As a responsible pet owner, you yourself have to weigh up the positives and negatives of having this animal. Everyone here can only go so far as to give you advise but ultimately this choice should be made by you alone. The welfare of the animal is the most important aspect and if you don't have time to give her proper care, then maybe you should consider selling her. But think very carefully bout this decision!

As a responsible pet owner, you yourself have to weigh up the positives and negatives of having this animal. Everyone here can only go so far as to give you advise but ultimately this choice should be made by you alone. The welfare of the animal is the most important aspect and if you don't have time to give her proper care, then maybe you should consider selling her. But think very carefully bout this decision!

I absolutely agree. The choice you make should be based on the animal's welfare. Like TheBoga said, lack of handling isn't a major concern. Its not like she is going to die from a broken heart but have you got the time to keep her clean and well fed, and maintain her cage. Your answer to this should tell you whether you can keep her or to let her go.

Agreed, think CAREFULLY. If you are capable of giving her what it needs - a safe enclosure, correct heat and lighting and a proper diet, then thats all it needs. Its not like a dog thats a pack animal where leaving it all day every day on its own could be considered unfair on it - its a reptile, it doesn't need your company.

Ultimately if you can give it appropriate care, keep it. You'll regret it otherwise. In particular if your situation suddenly changes and you can give it more 'company' - you'll kick yourself very hard!

well i feed and clean her cage out everyday & her temps are set perfect and she seems happy!

Its easy to find a new home at short notice if you need to in the future, but near impossible to get her back.

Then thats settled. You're keeping her. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back