Best Heat Lighting

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I only use CHE's and reptile radiators, but the radiators are my first choice.

It depends on what you are trying to achieve because "best" can be very subjective.

A Che will not emit light so it is good if night time heating but can be harder to achieve a good thermal gradient , they can also dry out the enclosure if used in a cold dry area. They last longer than light globes but do not have a visual indication that they are working. They can be used with any type of thermostat. You will also need some type of light for day night cycles. A coloured (red or blue) light bulb can be used day or night as well. They put a colour over your enclosure which some people like or dislike but will change the look of your reptile. They do not last as long as a Che but are cheaper. They provide a good indication that they are on because you can see the light. There is also a need for day night cycle of light and it is best to use a dimming thermostat with these. The method that I use is a clear light globe. The disadvantages of these are if you use a thermostat you will need a dimming type, the globe will not last as long as a Che and you can not use at night. The way I use it is on a timer only which saves a lot of money on a thermostat and provides a day night cycle and the globes are cheap to replace, they also do not distort the colour of my reptiles. Like I said "best" is very subjective depending on which of these you place more emphasis on, also there are probably more pro's and con's that are more relevant to you and your location. Hope this helps.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back