Best way to keep a platform up.

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
R

Rob8290

I am currently turning an old trophy cabnet into an enclosure and am wondering the best way to put platforms in without having to place a big support beam that has to go all the way to the ground. I plan to have about 3-4 platforms and would like to know the best way to go about it?

Have a look at Gruni's trophy cabinet. He has a heat platform mounted up with a couple of L-Brackets. Looks good to me.

screw it in from the outside or get some alluminium angle 3mm think and fix it to the bottom of shelf and then to the enclosure. depending on shelf size will depend on width of angle.

I think I'll get those "traingle supports" the ones that go into the side of the enclosure and underneath the shelf and come off at an angle.

Have a look at Gruni's trophy cabinet. He has a heat platform mounted up with a couple of L-Brackets. Looks good to me.

Not that you can tell when you look at the latest pics... :lol:

Rob, are you attaching to one of the glass faces or the timber/melamine? It would have been easier to ad this to your thread with the pics of the cabinet you are using.

I don't have access to a computer to add then again :/ . I plan to attach them to the melamine side and have them cross over to the glass side .

- - - Updated - - -

Oh I misread that. I added this to the thread with photos but I got no responses. :/

Ok I was wondering if you were trying to mount to the glass. Get some that are the same colour as the backwall and you'll hardly notice them.

Yeah I have some the colour of the background I just have to cut it to size. So would the mount I suggested work?

I have trouble picturing it sorry Rob. Maybe post some pics tomorrow.

When I buy them I'll try and post them if my phone allows.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back