best way to kill a toad

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

whats best way to kill a cane toad?

• freezer

Votes: 5 13.9%
  • golf club

Votes: 18 50.0%
  • aspro clear

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • other

Votes: 13 36.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

byron_moses

Very Well-Known Member
Reaction score
hey guys just wanna know what u think the best way to kill a cane toad is i have my opinion but interested to see what your preffered method is

yeah i reckon u cant beat the sound of a toad whistling oaway off a golf club

Whatever is humane. I doubt wacking them with a golf club would kill them- they're EXTREMELY hardy animals, and its just inhumane.

I can't imagine you'd think a good way to euthanise a dog is to repeatedly hit it in the head with a golf club.

They're a major pest, but it doesn't mean its ethically right to essentially torture them, they're no different to any other animal.

Whatever is humane. I doubt wacking them with a golf club would kill them- they're EXTREMELY hardy animals, and its just inhumane.

I can't imagine you'd think a good way to euthanise a dog is to repeatedly hit it in the head with a golf club.

They're a major pest, but it doesn't mean its ethically right to essentially torture them, they're no different to any other animal.

you are right. You couldn't use a golf club to kill a dog, you'd have to use something like a shovel, pick-ax handle or similar.
That is unless it is a very small dog..........................

(Oh I can feel the knives in my back already)

you are right. You couldn't use a golf club to kill a dog, you'd have to use something like a shovel, pick-ax handle or similar.
That is unless it is a very small dog..........................

(Oh I can feel the knives in my back already)

No, no knives, I was expecting a somewhat childish comment like this :)

I usually try to ignore threads such as these... I suppose its just because I actually value lives and not cruelty :)

nothing beats getting out the old 7 iron and having a practice

tee it off wid a golf club

Doesn't get rid of the toad...

yeah i reckon u cant beat the sound of a toad whistling oaway off a golf club

Front Wheels of my VS at 100K's per hour works well

One squirt of Detol. Humanely, place in the freezer.

Is not humane...

i like to do it the golf club way... im a teenager lol

I follow the detol option, seems to work well

Is not humane...

Play baseball with it :)

nothing beats getting out the old 7 iron and having a practice

O M G ....

All of these comments surmount to torture and NOT actually doing the job properly...

If you think that waht you're doing is remotely correct then THINK AGAIN... This is one thing that really really angers me and on a number of levels...

1) It is NOT ok to torture any animals regardless of their pest status.

2) In order to rid Australia of toads, you need to REMOVE the toad (and its poisons).

3) Chemicals such as detol are unlikely to be humane and you're promoting another chemical into the environment along with the toad's poison.

So... Here it is... Short and sweet...

a) Go and capture said toads in a plastic bag or bucket big enough so they can not jump out of it (this is the least humane ordeal - however, they're not in pain).

b) Once in a plastic bag, tie the ends of the bag so the toad can not escape (possibly the least humane ordeal depending on how you believe).

c) Freeze the said plastic bag with occupants.

This does NOT cause crystals to form in the blood until LONG after the toad is dead.

Dispose of toad in rubbish bin still in the conveniently tied plastic bag.

This serves a second purpose - the toad will break down to harmless organic compounds and will no longer harm any native (or non-native) wildlife.

A toad is still poisonous alive or dead - so if you bat them to death, you're only doing half the job and in fact, you're possibly making it worse as day time birds and animals are likely to try and feast on the dead toads.

Most animals are aware of toad poisons and avoid them.. but NOT ALL!!!

So why do a torturous deal???

Just do it right and don't go down the road of torture...

actually golf clubs do work you just need to hit the top lip and it rips the scull out

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back