best way to kill a toad

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

whats best way to kill a cane toad?

• freezer

Votes: 5 13.9%
  • golf club

Votes: 18 50.0%
  • aspro clear

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • other

Votes: 13 36.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
im sure many of you may know this, but i just find it so damn funny...
but for those of you that dont know, the cane toad was introduced to australia to help with the cane beetle problem... unfortunately the can beetle lives at the top of the cane plant and the toad lives on the ground and cant reach the can beetle...
i would really like to know what moron thought up the brilliant idea of introducing them in the first place lol...
must be one of his finer moments...
as far as killing them goes,... i dont know about you guys but there are two things i dont get to do much, one is go to queensland and the other is play golf... so when i do go to queensland i am normally only there for a small amount of time... and well, i like to make the best of it...
and to be honest i cant think of a more humane way i would want to end my life if i was a toad, then a nice clean stroke by a golf club, followed by experience the miracle of flight, before finally coming to rest on a nice soft patch of grass, belly up, before finally closing my eyes and coming to a nice peaceful rest...

i would really like to know what moron thought up the brilliant idea of introducing them in the first place lol...
must be one of his finer moments...

It was the government and unfortunately it probably was one of their finer moments, our state government is really lame (just like yours but at least your premier is hot).

As for golf clubs being humane, in 99% of cases the toad would probably die slowly over a few days, weeks or longer.

yeah i reckon u cant beat the sound of a toad whistling oaway off a golf club
Agree with that.
I even got a PAT for that - PAT = Pet Acceleration Tool - accelerates a Toad from 0 to 50km/h in 0.1 sec

I doubt wacking them with a golf club would kill them
It actually does - you just gotta hit them right and hard enough.

and to be honest i cant think of a more humane way i would want to end my life if i was a toad, then a nice clean stroke by a golf club, followed by experience the miracle of flight, before finally coming to rest on a nice soft patch of grass, belly up, before finally closing my eyes and coming to a nice peaceful rest...
a065.gif

I find it disgusting that the torture of these animals is so accepted amongst certain people. I abhor cruelty in all forms.

I accept that these animals are pests, but a humane death should be granted to all.

slim6y has made some good points throughout this thread.

If you want to kill a toad - hold it by its back legs, and hit it HARD against a solid surface. Done.

to be honest i cant see how grabbing it by the legs and smashing its head against a table would be any more humane then hitting them with a golf club or any other of the options mention through this thread...
im sure the cane toad will give you the answer...
"excuse me mr toad, which would you prefer, today you have two options,
option number one, i smash you in the head with this little screwed metal stick here,
or option two, ill grab you by your back legs and smash your head over that concrete ledge over there..."
i mean really, i dont think there is any humane way to kill them, any way you do it you are still killing it and as long as you dispose of them properly, i dont think anybody here is intending to turtore the toads... i like other people just like to get a bit more creative about how we do things...

O M G .... All of these comments surmount to torture and NOT actually doing the job properly... If you think that waht you're doing is remotely correct then THINK AGAIN... This is one thing that really really angers me and on a number of levels...

1) It is NOT ok to torture any animals regardless of their pest status.

2) In order to rid Australia of toads, you need to REMOVE the toad (and its poisons).

3) Chemicals such as detol are unlikely to be humane and you're promoting another chemical into the environment along with the toad's poison.

So why do a torturous deal??? Just do it right and don't go down the road of torture...

I find it disgusting that the torture of these animals is so accepted amongst certain people. I abhor cruelty in all forms.

I accept that these animals are pests, but a humane death should be granted to all.

slim6y has made some good points throughout this thread.

If you want to kill a toad - hold it by its back legs, and hit it HARD against a solid surface. Done.

I find this thread disgraceful and shows the hypocrisy of some people that were up in arms when one member suggested some pythons may be culled but delight in the tortue of a living creature such as a toad..

I agree with what slim6y and melissa said "I accept that these animals are pests, but a humane death should be granted to all"

grow up people.. I'd normally move this thread off the forum but am leaving it here just to show the hypocrisy some people have to living creatures that may not be as popular as the ones we like best.. all living creatures should be respected and if there is a legitimate reason and need to remove them they should be given some respect and it done in the most humane way as quickly as possible..

Last edited:
to add some further food for thought....

In Florida USA some of the reptiles we all love (ie: reticulated pythons, burmese pythons etc) are considered by some as "introduced pests" and most people would go ballistic over any suggestion like "baseball batting" or golf clubbing" them to death and laughing and joking about it.. theres no difference between showing humane respect for these pythons, toads or any other living creature in my humble opinion.

I just felt it all needed to be brought into perspective.. I hope we can all move on from these type of threads and learn something from them.. thanks for listening

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back