Bettas

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Vixen

Very Well-Known Member
Reaction score
Gunna have a go at breeding these two! Just got the girl today, so ill let her settle in for a while next to the boys tank so they can start eyeing each other off lol, then ill see how things go :D

marvin.jpg

girleh2.jpg

Bubs :

P1020187.jpg

Hatched around 2 days ago and theyve all finally left the nest, so I could get a decent photo of them :)

Yeh , they dont take long to spawn and hatch lol :lol: Guess they took a quick liking to each other lol

Haha awesome, I bred some Betta's a few years back, they are very interesting fish. I love the way the dad cares for the babies and spits them back into the bubble nest, so cool. What are you feeding the babies?

Ive got them on a yolk mix for now while theyre so little, just boil an egg and dissolve some of the yolk in water. In a weeks time hopefully theyll be just big enough to go onto this specially made fry food I bought, and baby brine shrimp.

Cool. I've never heard of the yolk mix, but it sounds so simple. Good luck with them, and I'd love to see some updates as they grow :D

Nice pics - Congrats, it's always exciting to see the bubs. That female is very nice! Is she classed as a white??

haha thats cool. i had a beta but i think when i got him from the store i didnt look at him close enough, the scales around his head were all discolored, most likely from being agitated being next to other betas like they do in most stores. but he ended up dieing a few weeks later:( i tried feeding him one of my neons but he didnt bother it much lol.

you tired feeding a betta live fish Naxx? that might have been where you first went wrong that would have stressed the hell out f him

I got One From my Aunty not to Long ago thanks Mertle!! And Im hoping that my mum will let me Get a Female My betta Is Bright blue and Red and his name is Agro Wanna Know why?,Because He has a mirror type thing in his tank and he sees him self,and Puffs out his Big Gills!

why would it stress him? my parents feed their betta tadpoles all the time, he loves them and sucks them up. He did chase it for a while but got bored after it started hiding on him. He wasnt eating much before that so i was desperate to try anything, i eventually got him to eat dried bloodworms but thats not really healthy for him, too much protien not enough nutrients but that was only near the end. he wouldnt take beta flakes or tetra food

It is not Healthy For Betta's to eat Tadpoles umm How big are the Betta's?

We bred them here, lots of fun :) Now we have too many jars with little fighters in each :lol: I think most of the babies we have are female. Very cute :)

I want to breed more of them, but I'm the only one in the household who feels that way! :lol: :oops:

Yes thats the worry I have :shock: What am I going to do with them all when theyre old enough lol. Wil probably be keeping a male or 2, and can throw a few females into my other aquarium. Just hope I can sell them all. Do you think a petshop would buy/take a few?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back