Beware!!!!!

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Same fella tried to sell me a bunch of Bar-sided forest-skinks when I put up a wanted ad for Black Rock Skinks.

I still have his contact details if required.

Please PM the name I've had enough Badluck Before.

Unfortunately there are good and bad people in all walks of life even in herping.

RBB.......Things like this shouldn't happen to young women but you were probably targeted as vulnerable.
As a community we need to do something to eliminate this type.

That is awful RBB. I hope you are ok.

Thank you both, currently I am hoping no one else gets this guy doing this kind of thing to them.

If it is the same person, it's a pity he's back in NSW. If he's a lean, tattooed man, possibly with a long pigtail or ponytail, it'll be who I think it is.

Just a few rules you should all follow if you want to maintain a clean collection, and a good relationship with DEH...

1. Never buy a sick looking reptile because you feel sorry for it
2. Never take other peoples' reptiles into you home for any reason, UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT PERSON, his/her reptiles, and husbandry habits VERY WELL, and the terms of the arrangement are absolutely understood by both parties, especially the duration of the care period. DO NOT ALLOW other reptiles near your own collection, keep feeding utensils, water bowls etc seperated. In fact, best not to do it at all...
3. Notify DEH of your arrangement before it commences - it is illegal to house animals at a location other than that which is on the licence, unless NPWS is notified.

Jamie

Hi Jamie,
Yeah thats him.........
Thanks for the tips, I knew number 1 and wouldnt do it (Would be hard though). And I also did not know number 3, so thanks heaps for that.

This bloke has a facebook so maybe anyone who wants to say something to him thats not allowed here might like to post on his profile :)

Sent from my GT-I9305T using Xparent BlueTapatalk 2

Well.... didnt think he would be that silly to keep a facebook page of himself.

Thank you both, currently I am hoping no one else gets this guy doing this kind of thing to them.

Hi Jamie,
Yeah thats him.........
Thanks for the tips, I knew number 1 and wouldnt do it (Would be hard though). And I also did not know number 3, so thanks heaps for that.

Well.... didnt think he would be that silly to keep a facebook page of himself.
man it sucks to be put in the middle of stuff believe me I have been aswell but any way do u mind pm me his name

New thread created for Snake Bogans in chit chat :)

...I will post in the other thread but I believe it is important to understand that snake keeping, for historical and sociological reasons, does attract a percentage of dodgy individuals. So while people have been given good advice about what to do and not to do to protect their reptiles, I believe they need to know what to do to protect their own feelings.

When someone passionate, but not yet terribly knowledgeable about the hobby, meets someone with more experience, it is exciting. You are learning about something you love and want to learn about. If they can offer positive advice that fixes a problem, it is an often uplifting experience. What you must NOT do is to make value judgments about the more experienced person based on that interaction. Enjoy the experience but keep it in normal perspective. For example, you were off to the pool for a swim and someone holds open the door for you, then you are not going to assume this individual is trustworthy and leave you wallet with them while you go swimming. Treat someone who assists you with your snakes the same.

It takes a lot of time and lots of interaction in varying situations to develop a sound idea of the nature of a given individual. This process can be shortcut by someone whose judgement you know you can trust providing you with their judgement of a given individual.

Unfortunately, having an apparent passion or interest in snakes provides no genuine insight into a given individual on its own. Seeing a well cared for collection of snakes does....

Hey V_RBB pm me this unsavory individuals details, i have a good friend that lives at Nelsons Bay that prefers 2 wheels to 4 who hangs out with other like minded friends in Newie (wink wink) who would be more than happy to call around for tea and bickies with this person and discuss the right way to treat young ladies, it is terrible the way you have been treated by this jerk when all you wanted to do in the 1st place was to help him...............................................Ron

Hey V_RBB pm me this unsavory individuals details, i have a good friend that lives at Nelsons Bay that prefers 2 wheels to 4 who hangs out with other like minded friends in Newie (wink wink) who would be more than happy to call around for tea and bickies with this person and discuss the right way to treat young ladies, it is terrible the way you have been treated by this jerk when all you wanted to do in the 1st place was to help him...............................................Ron
why did the bogan thread get renamed?
Ohhh...wait...its just your average snake owner.

It didn't !
I think nintendont may be referring to Ron's comment as being a bit "Bogan" or what a lot of the general public see snake people as. Correct me if i am wrong nintendont.

I think nintendont may be referring to Ron's comment as being a bit "Bogan" or what a lot of the general public see snake people as. Correct me if i am wrong nintendont.
Implying to get your buddy to go intimidate someone in relation to events that do not even directly affect yourself may or may not support one of my own previous statements:
ahhhhh kid. this made me laugh! it sounds terrible to assume things like this, but I have to admit I have similar impressions! I dont have any snake friends so I can only go off what I see here...which is a bit hard because it is a forum...but people in this hobby seem to be errr...interesting characters!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back