BHP, Scrubby or Dragon?

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Alphabet.Soup

Reaction score
Hey guys, I'm only new to this website, and have just discovered my love of reptiles of all kinds. I'm looking to buy my first reptile pet quite soon, but my father has a lot of experience with reptiles and we have had snakes and lizards before. My dad will help me along the way, I've been researching every night for months on these three breeds of animal, but I can't decide!!

Would you guys help me and give me some pros and cons on these three please?

Black headed python, Bearded dragon or Amethystine? keep in mind, I don't mind the adult size, I think the larger animals pop out more, or, to me anyway, haha!
Thanks all, Alpha Xx

I would say BHP, mine are great and really friendly. Might get exited before dinner though great any other time.
Mine have not given me problems so I cant really say anything bad.

Beardie will be allot cheaper that a BHP to feed unless you breed your own food.

Hope this helps.

Thanks for helping, the BHP is starting to appeal more, though I'm still unsure, once I get as far as deciding which one, then I'll start to worry about the price of it's cage and other things. I'm mainly just looking at the actual animal and it's price currently. Do you guys know any cheapish BHP breeders in central Vic? Thanks :)

if your worried about price then you shouldn't reptiles imo

Please elaborate? When I buy reptiles im not going to buy, say a Bearded dragon for $100 and not shop around for cheaper, generally you can get them for under $50 and commonly even Free for the same quality animal. The only problem with reptiles and money is keeping them to breed them and only worrying about the money.

Go with option 4: Central Netted Dragons, Trust me, you'll love em! That's Neville the netted dragon below(VVV) he is 4 years old.

Attachments

• Neville1.jpg
    Neville1.jpg
    93.6 KB · Views: 31
I would go with a dragon if it is your first.. they are lovely little pets!!! and reasonably easy to care for (well beared dragons)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back