Big Cats,thylacines And Yowies

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Scientists reacon there are things extinct and then they out of the blue find one, plus they find new species never known before......so how can anyone say somethings extinct. Tasmania is a massive state of bush & forests and no way has anybody been through it all.

Scientists reacon there are things extinct and then they out of the blue find one, plus they find new species never known before......so how can anyone say somethings extinct. Tasmania is a massive state of bush & forests and no way has anybody been through it all.

Agreed. Even with the hunting they did for them, I cannot see how they could have got every one - they are also very strong carnivores, and there are tonnes of small mammals in Tassie for them to eat, so I feel their survival is very, very possible. To tell the truth, I don't know how a creature such as that could NOT survive. Can't wait for it to happen that they do find them for sure.

The Yetty walks through my backyard on a daily basis.
i should ask him to stop and have a beer one day

Every mythical and extinct creature known to man exist in the Pilliga scrub, just ask a truck driver that runs the Newell Highway

Here is a pic of the big feral cat that was shot, the tail measured 700mm(apparently) so its head and body would have been over 1m.

Attachments

• cat.jpg
    cat.jpg
    109.1 KB · Views: 327
Head? LOL. Im amazed they only kept the tail, I'd be skinning the whole thing and keeping it, as well as the skeleton. There's actually 5kg of salt in the toolbox of our bush-basher just in case....

when i worked as a dogger in central queensland i trapped 2 cats about 18 mths apart in the same distict that would have been very close to the size of an adult fox

I am pretty sure that it was dragged home from the back of a truck over rough terrain or something and the only thing to 'survive' was the tail

I am pretty sure that it was dragged home from the back of a truck over rough terrain or something and the only thing to 'survive' was the tail

Its head got blown to smitherenes by the bullet. The rest of it got thrown in the DNA said it was just a big Moggy.

i live in the blue mountains, NSW, and a few people that live up here have said they have seen the black panther at one stage or another. there are a number of fire trails that go throughout all the national parks...and its when people are driving along these at night that they see it/them.
as for food. there is no shortage. i went for a run this afternoon along one of the trails and saw 3 decent sized wallabies that would be perfect size for a panther. i dont think they would have any problem surviving in the thousands of acres of bush up here.
there was a news report/documentary on the black panther a little while back. it showed clear footage of a large black cat, that was definetly in my mind 100% a black panther. i thought, 'ok, maybe its in another country and they are just pulling me leg". then they showed one stalking an eastern grey kangaroo and chasing after it. could have been tampered with, but i rekon its true.
they also showed footage of farmers cattle that had huge claw marks down their rump, and pictures of sheep half eaten and up a tree. what else does that?
anyways, im a bleiever that they are out there, lol.
as for the thylacine, i agree with previous posts that it would be extremely difficult for every single on to be killed, and it is likely that there are small numbers in parts of the bush that have not reallt been accessed by people. hope there numbers rise again!!!
cheers, ian

I cant see why panthers wouldnt survive in australia we have some of the best and hardest to explore country around and as for food how many marsupials do we have in australia,and the large amount of feral animals like deer which we have here on the east coast also goats, rabbits,pigs the list goes on.Was also wondering would it be possible for them to crossbreed with domestic cats or would the resulting animal be sterile like the tiger/lion cross ?

I cant see why panthers wouldnt survive in australia we have some of the best and hardest to explore country around and as for food how many marsupials do we have in australia,and the large amount of feral animals like deer which we have here on the east coast also goats, rabbits,pigs the list goes on.Was also wondering would it be possible for them to crossbreed with domestic cats or would the resulting animal be sterile like the tiger/lion cross ?

Lion/tiger crosses aren't sterile as far as I know.

a few years ago me and a mate were walking through a paddock and an animal about the size of cattle dog ran across the field and into the bush it was brown cream and had a tail like a cat iv heard stories that at marshell mt in dapto there is a rottie the size of a horse that supposingly takes down cows i did not believe these stories but my coach showed me a picture of it half in the bushes half out its head was a least 3-4 times the size of a normal rottie easy

Method- Sorry to sound like i'm high here but that video is off the hook! Does'nt look like a cat, or dog for that matter, Kinda looks like a big marsupial half bouncing off the road, Thats AwEsOmE!!!
Keep the videos coming, their pretty kool, especcially the youtube ones!
:lol:

:D:):D:)

DyLaN

that video method put on is pretty cool, but it would be good to see it at full speed so that you can see exactly how its running

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back