Big Enclosure!- from scratch- sorta

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
S

swan91

so i got a tv unit and removed all the walls, then put the log in, then styrofoam and im up to my 2nd layer of grout... i have a pond at the bottom, where u can see the pump im going to install which will come out above the log and form a waterfall... i plan on waterproofing the bottom and putting in soil and some plants... i have had this project going for about a year... i just get stuck in rut's and end up not getting very far... but this is what ive come to... i feel like im on the home stretch... i need some words of encouragement...:D
IMG_1021.jpgIMG_1336.jpgIMG_0897.jpgIMG_0899.jpg

well i have 5 snakes at the moment.. 3 are just juvies, so ill probably rotate the bredli and jungle in the enclosure... so every snake gets to experience the awesomeness... :)

Make sure you seal any exposed internal timber (don't rely on the varnish already there) and make sure you have great ventilation as humidity could be a problem with a water source as large as you have, other than that it looking good

ive put a layer of pondtite on the timber, and then i will grout over the top, then another layer of pondtite, hopefullly that should be enough to waterproof it...
When i get the necessary tool, i plan on cutting a few vents on the top and also a couple of circles for the lights to sit on top... so i dont have any ugly light cages in the enclosure space....
oh and i also managed to aquire a mister! im thinking of putting it down near the water to keep the plants happy and create a cool mist on the water look... if only i had a GTP, it would love the waterfall and mist! -donations anyone???? :D

you can see in the second picture, the layer of grout on the base with pondtite and silicone on top...

anyone have any ideas for the front? i was thinking perspex panels because they are cheaper.... three of them which all slide...

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back