"big girl" revisited! herping pics

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

ssssmithy

Reaction score
Well its been awhile since ive been online and started a thread,for obvious reason most of you would know about.
but never the less ive been out and about herping at my favourite spots close to home.
One spot in particular.
You's would all my remember me posting pics of a large coastal carpet python that ive found and measured.I first seen her about 3 or 4 years ago and we measured her to be 310cms long or 10foot 2''
since then ive found her in or around her shed basking in the sun every morning shes a big snake nothing seems to phase her and she seems to be getting bigger and bigger everytime :D

anyhow i thought you guys might like to see some photos of her in all her glory ;)

ill add the pics from first seeing her till now. the last few pics you can see the obvious difference in girth, shes definately had some good feed this season.

all the best,
smithy!

Attachments

• kg.jpg
    kg.jpg
    114 KB · Views: 492
  • DSCF0906.jpg
    DSCF0906.jpg
    98.1 KB · Views: 444
  • 5293_148077734415_568719415_3431515_5802125_n.jpg
    5293_148077734415_568719415_3431515_5802125_n.jpg
    79 KB · Views: 512
  • me.jpg
    me.jpg
    102.5 KB · Views: 432
  • biggg.jpg
    biggg.jpg
    103 KB · Views: 539
thanks shes a beauty alright :) and yeah the my friends that own the property have photos of her on eggs that date back 20years ago

WOW Smithy, she IS big girl, isn't she?! It's really good of you to jump on and give us an update on her progress, thank you! She is an absolutely beautiful specimen, and a great find for you, well done! :)

Best,
Carolyn

thanks shes a beauty alright :) and yeah the my friends that own the property have photos of her on eggs that date back 20years ago

that's awesome bet she helps keep the rodents out of the sheds

she sure does keep the raty probloem down tough ive caught literally dozens of carpet pythons in and around this shed in particular so hopefully the rats keep breeding and i can keep seeing her and her kids running around haha :D

Wow, awsome wild coastal.

You said she was 3.1 metres 3/4 years ago, have you measured her recently??

Wow she seems pretty friendly! Have you ever been bitten by her?

she sure does keep the raty probloem down tough ive caught literally dozens of carpet pythons in and around this shed in particular so hopefully the rats keep breeding and i can keep seeing her and her kids running around haha :D

I'd be scared if I saw pythons running around ;)

Well its been awhile since ive been online and started a thread,for obvious reason most of you would know about.
but never the less ive been out and about herping at my favourite spots close to home.
One spot in particular.
You's would all my remember me posting pics of a large coastal carpet python that ive found and measured.I first seen her about 3 or 4 years ago and we measured her to be 310cms long or 10foot 2''
since then ive found her in or around her shed basking in the sun every morning shes a big snake nothing seems to phase her and she seems to be getting bigger and bigger everytime :D

anyhow i thought you guys might like to see some photos of her in all her glory ;)

ill add the pics from first seeing her till now. the last few pics you can see the obvious difference in girth, shes definately had some good feed this season.

all the best,
smithy!
Hi ryan :p

dude your a BOSS!!!!!!!!!!!
finally someone showing photographic evidence of an over 3m carpet,we hear lots of unsubstantiated claims but you have proof,
that makes me very happy :D

show it to jonno he has been in search of of a snake of these gargantuan proportions and no one has been ale to come up with any thing until now

haha im DEFINATELY not ryan but i will say hello to him for you :p hahahha

but thanks for the comments, and yeah we have measured her recently very rough measure as she wasnt in much of a mood to lay out straight haha. but about 2 years ago she lost a few inches of her tail (not sure how) it has has healed well and shes a touch over 3 mtres with the some tail missing :)

and nope she has never bitten me,shes the coolest calm wid python ive ever seen

hahah "running" sorry slithering :L

hey snake pimp ive taken jonno out to see her and we measured her that day also haha since then me and jonno have only found one other carpet over 3mtres :)

I wonder how old she is, how often she eats and if she regulary breeds...I feel sorry for the male!

my mate that owns the property was raised there,he is now in his 60's and he can recall that snake in particular being there when his kids were growing up, they are now in their 30's. ive found and recorded other snakes over 8 feet one boy even at just over 9 feet but none other bigger or as big as her.... YET ;)
so i was say...shes old haha

yeah mate never seen her more then 20mtres away from the barn shes just lazy i think haha she lives no more then 100mtres away from bird aviaries and chooks and duck pens and shes never taken one!

nothing makes me more happy then to see big old healthy snakes safe from poachers and from snake hating farmers;)

heres a few more photos of her, one of her in her favourite basking spot one from when i used to be able to get hand around her stomach these days shes a big fatty :)

Attachments

• DSCF0896.jpg
    DSCF0896.jpg
    75.7 KB · Views: 200
  • m.jpg
    m.jpg
    62.3 KB · Views: 196
  • 242.jpg
    242.jpg
    47.5 KB · Views: 193
  • 243.jpg
    243.jpg