BIG scrubby

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Waterrat

Almost Legendary
Reaction score
Last night I went across the road to check out a snake in the ceiling. It was a huge scrubby wrapped around on of the ceiling lights. I thought it was too big to pull it down without taking the light and probably half of the ceiling with it. It was one of those ceilings made of panels, wires everywhere and I thought there was a good chance getting electrocuted had the python wrapped itself around the wires. I called another guy this morning (pro snake catcher), we searched the ceiling as much as we could but the snake was gone. What we did find, were 5 sloughs and a copious amount of poo. One of the sloughs was fresh, still pliable and it measured 5.2 metres. Sloughs stretch and are obviously longer that the snake - still, a big fella.
That snake must have been living there for a long time, considering that such big scrubbies don't slough more than once every two or three months, if that.
There is every chance that it will return to those warm light and I'll get to see it again.

View attachment 154718View attachment 154719

There is no roof where the snake was, it's a ceiling between the floor of the up stairs room, only about 30cm clearing. It's a very complex building structure, it could have got in and out anywhere. We didn't disturb him, so I think he'll be back (so will I).

Awesome. So I guess there's no troubles when it comes to unwanted small animals, or even small mammals for that matter, hanging round.:lol:

Lucky buggers would be one of the few houses in the tropics without rats in the roof.

The premises are used for functions, conferences, etc., a large area, probably plenty of rats and the building is a few metres from rainforest. They're getting snakes in all the time.

They did mention that occasionally they have this fishy smelling liquid dripping from the ceiling.

EEKKK a 4 meter scrubby in the roof!
and heh you have tiney little legs! better watch the scrubby dosen't eat ya!

i love the smelly of a scrubby in the mornning - i have a big massive girl -scrubby as well i had to join four avaries togetheir for her but she keeps getting bigger i said in another post not long ago that she she got out one nite and took out the neigbours cat it used to sit on her cage but it didnt sit that long that nite she got out we found her the next morning in the tree with a full belly then the neigbour who hates us comes around 3 days latter asking if we had seen her cat -----uuummmmmm NO - we havent seen her ( my scrubby has ) is that the cat that leaves footprints on my car and damages the duco--- well yes thats her shes said -- no i havent seen her !!!

dont worry she has 5 more cats left and my scrubby has 5 more cats to eat yet !!

Make sure you take camera with you next time. I'd love to see some pics. What are you going to do if you see it again? Relocate it?

she's a big girl metalbeard its hard to tell but if you were at the sydney reptile expo she was bigger than the one on display there, we think we are very lucky with her shes very placid with us but shes to big to measure as i would need 4-5 people to help me and she has a mind of her own and too big just to get her out to measure even cleaning is a hassle i weigh around 115 kgs and i stuggle with her trying to move her into different sections of the cage when cleaning i am a big bloke that scares the bejeerbers out of most and she scares me -

4 to 5 meters she's been guessed at i say 5 but i cant tell but she used to push the avaries doors apart with her massive head and escape shes one smart girl !

by the way you have any cats you love to hate !!!

Reptilian-kman, I don't want to got into argument with you but 115 kg?
The larges Scrub python on record measured 5.65 m and it weighed 20 kg. That is an official record. That means your snake would measure somewhere around ...... hmmm, you work it out. Body weight and length are (roughly) co-related.

LOL read it again waterrat he weighs 115kg not the snake

lol @ waterrat!!, You need to post a pic Kman,apart from cats whats her main diet?!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back