biggest scorp??

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

mightymike

Reaction score
hey guys

whats the largest scorp available in australia

to my knowlege the flinders range is, and i got a few of them, i really want an emperor scorp but i dont think you can get them in australia!!!

damn

mike

there are probably a few species bigger than flinders, Urodacus excelens is the largest i know of.

not 100%, i'll ask my mate today but he said the tail of one he saw was as thick as his pinky.

not as yet, excellens is only in the NT as far as i know and export is prohibited

the Urodacus elongatus by far out growes any WA species.

i think the male Urodacus elongatus would take some beating in australia

as for the Urodacus excelens no one knows about them and there isnt even a picture geting aroun

Urodacus lowei of NW WA is as big or bigger than excellens, but realistically if variation is taken into account, elongatus, excellens and lowei will all be of overall similar size. Scorpion sizes vary from pop'n to pop'n. Urodacus megamastigus from WA would be the most striking of the Urodacus.

the Urodacus elongatus by far out growes any WA species.

i think the male Urodacus elongatus would take some beating in australia

as for the Urodacus excelens no one knows about them and there isnt even a picture geting aroun

how many WA urodacus have you seen;) Plenty of new species out there aswell.

I've seen pretty much the lot in specimen jars from govt and private collections...some are huge. those sizes are averages.... the odd huge ones do turn up...I once found an adult male elongatus that would have easily been 125mm...woppa

I'm pretty sure this is the biggest I've seen .... ;):p

sf232.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back