Bike riding

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
ur a **** psycho matt
what bike u got?
i ride bmx, a bit of long distance and am trying 2 get into downhill.
and how do u bunnyhop that high? how high do u recon that is?
like the foot-jam thing, friend of mine has been practicing it for ages, how long did it take u 2 learn?

Will

Thanks Will,
Ive got a colony hell stallion frame with mostly odyssey, colony and wethepeople parts. I ride no pegs and no brakes. Heres a picture of it for you.
The piece of tape was exactly 1 metre high so the hop was just over a metre high...its all practice.
Foot jams didnt take to long at all to learn, can can foot jams and tailwhip footjams took ages to get and Im still not consistant with them.

No one else has any bmx pictures theyd like to share?

next time my bro comes for a ride i'll get some pics, but since he's in newy and im on the south coast doesn't help.
He's the only person I prefer to ride with as he pushes me a fair bit. And most other people just wanna talk all the time or just plain ole annoying.

I started racing dirtbikes at 5...even got to race at the Ekka speedway once. Raced flat track, speedway, motocross and grass track, plus speedway and flat track sidecars until I was about 13, when BMX took over. I rode BMX really seriously until I was 17, when I destroyed my right knee in a downhill MTB crash. I still can't ride properly today despite lots of physio and gym work. I started racing DH and 4X competitively when I was 16 and was running times comparable to mid-pack elite level. I'd intended to do the Aussie DH tour once I'd left school but unfortunately my knee stopped all that.

I'm actually in the process of building a new BMX at the moment just to muck about at the local skatepark. I have champaigne tastes though, so titanium spindles and Profile hubs are definitely going to be involved...looking to build an 18lb bike with a rear brake and two pegs. Should be fun :)

Also worked in one of Brisbanes top bike shops for a few years...that's where my love of DH started. Got to ride a swag of sweet bikes, including Nathan Rennie's personal DH bike...we always had a ton of Santa Cruz demo bikes laying around so was never short for something sweet to go for a pedal on.

Will, thats my local skatepark in Nambucca Heads...its only a few months old.

Jonno, you definatly have champagne tastes! I have titanium spindles and axles...not cheap at all! I cant really justify buying the profile mini hubs, $500ea for the same quality as the odyssey, colony, etc hubs that are half the price. I have had profile hubs and yes I have broken them...so far colony's clone cassette has lasted me the longest with no hassles at all.

Id be very interested in seeing a parts list for that bike when youve finished Jonno, 18lb is so light! :D

I'm a downhiller at heart. Dont get out much any more:cry: as have just bought a house and have been kranking the over time so i can buy a motorbike:D. And also been building a new snake enclosure. anyway bla bla bla. here are my two beasts.

Attachments

• trek.jpg
    trek.jpg
    111.9 KB · Views: 12
  • cruz v10.jpg
    cruz v10.jpg
    132.5 KB · Views: 21
they are 2003 mate. when you are 110kg and and keep braking things thats when you get monsters. i would have had to buy multiple boxxers over the years if they were what i was riding and the good thing is over the many years i have had them, they have only been service about 4 times and they are working as good as the day i bought them. this bike was built to last. didnt want to spend over 10000 bucks and have a bike that was only goong to last a year or 2. Have also got some bent monster sliders and a bent v10 main frame:(, bent down 15mm from the top piviot piont on the cnc section. BIG STACK:cry:.

Monster T's are sooo 2003!

Me: [video=vimeo;2252483]http://www.vimeo.com/2252483[/video]

And a pic
1.jpg

Yes Jonno I'm Gruntled :)

not exciting to the bmxers and DH guys I know, but this is my ride ;) comes in at a mere 6.9kg approx

Attachments

• ridley 001.jpg
    ridley 001.jpg
    89.7 KB · Views: 9
Fairly old pic but a huge crash microseconds away :D
backflip tailwhip attempt gone horribly wrong lol

excuse the quality as its taken off a phone.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back