Birds!

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Crystal your birdy looks so similar to mine - "he's" a pastel blue lacewing...

I had no idea so many people kept birds (before working at a pet store) other than budgies and cockatiels. Amazing birds!

Had a Nanday Conure the best parrots, super intelligent, lovable, funny characters :)

I had a cockatiel once. I love birds, but i hate the squaking early in the morning while i'm trying to sleep soon as they hear any wild birds lol.

DSCF0009-8.jpg

this is Rosie our rosa burke parrot, only had her a few months and she was still pretty much a young one when we got her, sorry its not a great photo

a little while back i noticed someone advertising some IRN and there was a beautiful blue one which i wouldnt mind getting but will need to get a new cage, perhaps one of those big ones on wheels

does anyone know if rosie could be kept with an IRN if the cage was big enough?

I have to say I love keeping reptiles, but birds, especially parrots are my first love. I have kept birds since I was 5 years old. It must be genetic because my dad is a bird freak.
Here are some pics of my parrots.

nice pineapples we have some too :D

Hi braids, your boy looks like a real character!

you can't mix a indian ringneck in a cage with a bourke parrot,indian ringnecks can be too aggressive , might be alright in a large aviary environment but not inside in a cage.

i've got about 20 cockatelis in an aviary. they're my wifes birds, i'd like to add a lacey or a couple of coastals to the aviary, wife says no:lol:

i used to have a pair of galahs and wouldn't mind getting some again one day when i have more time for them, fun birds and easy to tame. unfortunately ours got tumors and had to be put down, such a shame when they had been with our family for about 15 years.

I keep a male Eclectus - 8 months old and has just started talking.

Awesome pets, but they do require a fair bit of work and commitment.

I have a bonded pair of Eclectus and i'd have to say they require the same amount work and commitment as a dog, cat, or even a human child. You do however need to be aware of their dietary requirements, they are not your common 'throw them a bowl of seed for the day and they're fine' type of bird, and like any other species with brains they need lots of mental stimulation, which just makes them more fun to have around than your average budgie (no insult intended to all the budgies out there) .

Yea lisa5
he is never stops talking and squawking lol there the best love my birds.defiantly got character :)

DSCF0009-8.jpg

this is Rosie our rosa burke parrot, only had her a few months and she was still pretty much a young one when we got her, sorry its not a great photo

a little while back i noticed someone advertising some IRN and there was a beautiful blue one which i wouldnt mind getting but will need to get a new cage, perhaps one of those big ones on wheels

does anyone know if rosie could be kept with an IRN if the cage was big enough?

A Bourkes Parrot is an unusual choice of pet bird. Was it hand reared?? If not i would be wary of stress levels as they aren't usually the most confident of birds.

Indin Ringneck cagemate????? A definite no. IRN's are known for their aggressiveness towards other birds.

We have an Alexandrine Parrot named Sirus, he's about 13 years old now and still going strong. Sirus is good at talking and he can be a real character, and really cheeky at times. My only pet peeve is he is a pain in the butt when the phone rings, and starts sqreaching loudly as anyone who has ever called us knows of quite to well :lol:

I have a hand reared lorri and he is ok, but if you want the ultimate pet bird you cant go past a magpie.
Had one years ago hand raised and the most coolest fun pet I ever had, it would fly around all day and when i called it it would come land on my shoulder every time. Priceless. Then it got stolen by a neighbour and lived the rest of its life in a tiny cage before dying prematurely.

192-9218_IMG.JPGwind mill 003.jpgif you have got a couple of spare days I will tell you about my gorgeous pet birds.ha ha
this is Oke wind mill 017.jpgmy short billed corella.I hand raised her and she is 9 now.
I also got her sister who is 7 and 3 boys.
they are the best pets.
they live in big aviaries wind mill 002.jpgouts195-9519_IMG.JPGide on my farm. I also have some long bill corellas, cockies and galahs all of which were given to me by their old owners as they needed to re home them.176-7627_IMG.jpg

i have two male eckies both are real chatterboxes as is my yellow crowned amazon who likes to sing and chat .

i definitely would not advise buying a unweaned parrot you can run into lots of problems and only go to a reputable breeder .

They're looking great Sarah :)

I only have the 1 - A 5year old Yellow naped Amazon. There's plenty of photos of him floating around on this board :oops:

My girlfriend has 14 tame birds at her place (cockatiels, budgies and princess parrots) and a couple of aviaries in the yard! :shock:

307.jpg

302.jpg

314.jpg

319.jpg

321.jpg

Couple of chooks that i recently swapped with a mate
REDTAILS (17).jpgREDTAILS (57).jpg
for these
May 22nd 2011 (11).jpg
Still get to interact with them, will get birds again in the future.
They now live here
March 27th 2011 (2).jpg
March 14th 2011 (15).jpg

we have 29 lorikeets,8 cockatiels,10 pairs of budgies,a superb parrot,2 redrump parrots,4 bourke parrots........ 1 dalmation,4 snakes and 5 kids lololololol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back