Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Frustration

Reaction score
Hey everyone...
a few days ago i made a thread about snake aggression, many of you may have seen it...
but after many hours of planning and hard work i have finally come up with a solution worthy of a nobel prize...
i am going to attempt to explain how this works through a series of steps and useful images, so you to can prevent mishaps...
Materials needed: 1 set of long BBQ tongs, 1 sheet of cardboard of the highest quality (large enough to block the opening to an enclosure) and 1 very handy tool man with a knife.
Image of tongs shown below -

Step one: get your handy tool man with a knife to cut a small square in the centre of your high quality cardboard sheet, like so -

Step two: place the tongs through the centre of the square as illustrated -

Now you are ready for action...
as you can see from the images below -

your hand is completely protected from any glancing blows, and the snake remains anonymous to you and maintains its focus on the food (not hand)

How to use your new tool -
Step 1 - use your BBQ tongs to careful pick up the food item
Step 2 - slide the sheet of cardboard on the opposite end to the food
Step 3 - grab the tongs with your hand behind the cardboard (NOT INFRONT)
Step 4 - quickly slide the opening of your enclosure open without the snake noticing
Step 5 - move your hand into the opening completely blocking it with the sheet of cardboard and yet allowing the snake to access the food easily, and saving you from any harm and allowing you to move the food item at will
Step 6 - once the snake has taken the food remove your tool from the enclosure and slide the door shut
Step 7 - admire your accomplishment
Step 8 - thank the genius that invented this tool

as you may be able to tell i have had a lot of spare time today lol
any comments and/or compliments are welcome...
i am also welcoming any name suggestions...
ENJOY

Apart from anything else,which I wont comment on, all I can see from the use of those type of tongs is the snake ending up with broken teeth.

yess... valid point... but i am yet to put this in to practice...
this is still the prototype... so i am open to any suggestions...
the same idea will also work with feeding tweezers or forceps

I would call them "inept-tongs" .... though i really think you should have patented before releasing your design, as there are a fair whack of keepers on this forum who would find a ludicruos waste of space such as this a necessity, rather than learning better husbandry techniques

The thing is if i was to say what initially come to mind it would be something along the lines of tosser, but if i was to stop take a second look sorry but all you with get is a lol

ahh... yess i always spell frog wrong...
just incase anybody is worried i am not actually going to use this tool...
and i wouldnt recommend anybody else using it...
until the final copy is drafted

What a great idea , i have made some today for myself and will use them every feed , thanks for the great tips .

Ok im going to give you the benefit of doubt and assume this is joke.. in which case..haha very funny indeed.if its not..god help your snakes ..

WRANGA LOL. seriously though with a little refining may be good for the nervous first timers until they gain a little courage.

What a great idea , i have made some today for myself and will use them every feed , thanks for the great tips .

I've always found wearing this to be the best option.
AR006_H031_Option.JPG

thank you dicky knee lol... glad to know somebody knows how to use sarcasm to make me feel special...
that would be the correct assumption schizmz...
on a more serious note...

does anybody prefer forceps over tweezers for feeding purposes...

LMAO...
Ramsayi where did you get a copy of my original design

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back