Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Renenet

Very Well-Known Member
Reaction score
I just got my first real bite from Zephyr, my eight-month-old stimmie, if blood is a prerequisite for a proper bite.

It was totally my fault for popping something back into her enclosure during a feed. I thought I was safe because she hadn't stretched her jaws, which she normally does before she's ready to take something else. Guess the temptation of my forefinger was too much for her. Well, you live and learn.

I'd say it was more weird than painful. Her teeth are sharp, but they're so sharp they don't hurt too much going in. It did start to smart when she began to adjust her grip on my finger. And as soon as she coiled - around her own head - I felt I had to put a stop to her fruitless attempt to eat my finger. The closest thing I had to hand was a spray bottle of F10. Poor Zephyr. After three sprays she gave up and took a much more appropriate mouse instead.

Sorry, no pictures - I was too busy dying to take any...

Happened to me too they smell the rodent scent on your hand they have extrodinary smel but poor eye sight just wash your hands first at age they cant do much damage more of a shock at first

had a mate help me clean out the scrubby enclosure the other day she's normaly failry good but he grabed her out and she apparently didnt like it shes about 1200mm long now and he rekons it was worse then his adult BHP's she bit and moved her head from side to side like a mini saw was freaking funny xD never heard a grown man squeel like that b4 ahhh good times

i had a spotted that use to do the same thing as your stimmy but every time i use to handle her >.> she eventualy grew out of it haha funny experience none the less

I sympathize greatly after my shocking experience(gasps)LOL it is weird isnt it ;)
RIP finger LOL
Crystal

In all seriousness, it is a bit of a shock. Zephyr is normally such a sweet-tempered, placid snake - except when there's food. Then she becomes a vicious little monster.

The finger has been Betdined and Band-aided and is in a serious condition, but is expected to make it. :)

Happened to me too they smell the rodent scent on your hand they have extrodinary smel

That could have been it. It could have been the movement as well. She's always had a strong feeding response but it seems to be getting even stronger lately - maybe it's the weather warming up?

You're right, she didn't do much damage at all, barely drawing blood - just a couple of spots. I'd be much more concerned about crossing Stelth's scrubbie. :)

Last edited:
Had a hatchy practically jump out of click clack, latch onto my finger and kill it. I was using forceps too.
More fun when they are bigger. Biggest bite was from a 4ft jungle.
Beardy bites hurt.

I had my very first bite ever (if you can call it that) from an 8 month spotted I bought for my son last Saturday... it felt like Velcro.
I cleaned out her enclosure today and she bit be about 6 times, maybe more... my 5 year old isn't very impressed to say the least lol.

I just got my first real bite from Zephyr, my eight-month-old stimmie, if blood is a prerequisite for a proper bite.

It was totally my fault for popping something back into her enclosure during a feed. I thought I was safe because she hadn't stretched her jaws, which she normally does before she's ready to take something else. Guess the temptation of my forefinger was too much for her. Well, you live and learn.

I'd say it was more weird than painful. Her teeth are sharp, but they're so sharp they don't hurt too much going in. It did start to smart when she began to adjust her grip on my finger. And as soon as she coiled - around her own head - I felt I had to put a stop to her fruitless attempt to eat my finger. The closest thing I had to hand was a spray bottle of F10. Poor Zephyr. After three sprays she gave up and took a much more appropriate mouse instead.

Sorry, no pictures - I was too busy dying to take any...

Post of the month Renenet! Congrats on your first bite! ;)

Now you know what your in for, let it bit you again and take some pic's this time. Just makes the post more interesting from the viewer's point anyway.

You want blood

Here is one from one of our Jungles when we first got them. Hand belongs to my then 7yo son.

Darwins, jungles, and childrens all seem to love the bite club.
You can send them to BA;). Those jungles were four years old when I got them and became reformed bite'a'holics. Funny though lost their appeal abit after that ;). Just wanted to see if it could be done, oh and they are a pretty hot looking snake (but I say that about all snakes).

Attachments

• jungles 001.jpg
    jungles 001.jpg
    54.5 KB · Views: 63
  • jungles 009.jpg
    jungles 009.jpg
    101.1 KB · Views: 51
Here is one from one of our Jungles when we first got them. Hand belongs to my then 7yo son.

Darwins, jungles, and childrens all seem to love the bite club.
You can send them to BA;). Those jungles were four years old when I got them and became reformed bite'a'holics. Funny though lost their appeal abit after that ;). Just wanted to see if it could be done, oh and they are a pretty hot looking snake (but I say that about all snakes).

See thats the spirit

Last edited:
l occasionally get bitten by one of my 4 Olive Python's, not long ago one of my 2 captive breed Olive Python's, decided to grab my nose and its bottom jaw just missed my left eye thank god, it was the worst bite l had ever had from any Python that l have kept since August 1989.

So this just goes to show not all Olive Python's can be trusted or are calm and friendly to handle, Python's that are on the snappy side keep you on your toes.:)

Last edited:
Post of the month Renenet! Congrats on your first bite! ;)

Thanks. I feel like a seasoned keeper now. :)

Now you know what your in for, let it bit you again and take some pic's this time. Just makes the post more interesting from the viewer's point anyway.

But then it's so much harder to exaggerate. ;)

I cleaned out her enclosure today and she bit be about 6 times, maybe more... my 5 year old isn't very impressed to say the least lol.

Cranky little thing - is that the snake you've called Small Pox?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back