Biting beardy

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

coastal-shagg

Reaction score
hi all, quick question, I have two beardies, suspected females. Although I got them together one has definatly excelled in size and girth. Out of no where the larger one sizes up the smaller one and bit it in the side. The larger one started dragging her back off the rock and onto the substrate. I imediatly seperated them and have now put a price of glass in the middle of the tank. They both have their own bowl heat and water.

What happened and what can I do to stop it happening again.

They are around 1.5yrs although both look smaller (1considerably)
They were both fed last night.

Please help

its agression and dominace, you need to seperate them. they arent liking each other, and it will only get worse.

aggression / dominance is a problem....separation is not dealing with it!!!!!

you dont have to separate....
making equal basking spots is essential..changing substrate..update structure in habitat
new smells... will stop this behaviour
odds on guess........you feed live food in their habitat were they live!

if you do separate take the dominant female out
do not reward the bad behaviour with leaving the bitey female in the main habitat!!
separation is the easy way out
if you separate you will have a on going problem in coming seasons with mating when introducing a male

Last edited:
These animals are generally solitary animals. Keep them separate. Don't be surprised when it comes to sexes either. Some females can beat up on smaller males and vice versa.

Keep them separate and out of sight of each other.

Yes it is, but better to separate than to come home and find one of them dead. They can be quite savage with each other.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back