bitten by one of my Desert Sand Monitor's.

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Reptilian66

Reaction score
This morning l got bitten on my left hand by 1 of my adult Desert Sand Monitor's on my left thump, l had to go to hospital to get it checked over, and they said l needed 10 stitches in the wound, this is now the second time l have been bitten by one of my Desert Sand Monitor's, that has required medical attention from a Doctor, l will seriously have to look at getting some hand protection such as strong leather Gloves.
Here you can see which one of my Desert Sand Monitor's decided to bite me this morning, time 8-30am on Sunday the 4th of January 2009.

Cheers, Les.

Last edited:
looks like he is giving u the evil eye. but were are the pics of the bite. u should know the rules by now......

Lol you like saying desert sand monitor.

Haha i was thinking the same thing.

Well this thread is a fake until we see open wounds, and blood. Or stitches. yeah.

Pics or it didnt happen les..
Never forget the time the big sandy latched onto the front of your jeans, laugh!
Nearly made a lady out of you.
Lets see the blood mate

I once got bitten by a lace monitor, it felt like some one hitting me on the hand with a hammer full of spikes, it punched right into my hand and knuckles and my hand throbed for hours, i soaked my hand in a detol solution, the pain went away, but i had open wounds for a while, i closed the wound a day later with butterfly clips.
cheers steve

Here you can see the wound on my right thump, and my left hand bandage up to help keep the wound clean, sorry if the photo where you see the blood is not as clear, the plastic water proof band aid to protect the wound from moisture is not as clear as it could be.

cheers, Les.

Last edited:
Your olive, now your monitor? I think you are doing it for the attention Les.

You need to start using protection. :)

No l'm not letting my reptile's bite me for attention seeking Martin, as you would know being a Reptile keeper yourself, they can attack you when you least expect it to happend, l will be ordering a good pair of Gloves, similar to what Zoo Keepers use in Birds of prey shows.

A pair of welding gloves will do the trick................................. I recently used my gloves for getting a sand monitor off the Bruce Highway and they worked great. My partner also loves the fact i keep welding gloves in the car as he blew the exhaust off his motorcycle and was more than relieved and excited by the fact i had gloves he could use to fix his bike without getting burnt ;)

Nah, not my blueys, never! They only hiss.
You know Bluey's a not as dangerous as say medium or large Monitor's and large Python's, l hope not to get bitten again by any of my Reptile's, but if l do (Martin) l will not say anything on this website or post photo's of the wound again, its better if l keep it private, and only me and my Doctor knows about the Bite.

Cheers, Les.

now were talkin thats coooool better you than me tho :D

You are so lucky sunshine. You got away with not to much damage there considering.
Just be thankful it wasn't full grown and it didn't remove your whole thumb.
Speedy recovery:)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back