bitten by scrub python

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
yeah, haha, he thought he was a hero till it got him! he went from hero to zero in about 2 seconds!!!! lol

(1) Don’t allow a child–or an adult with impaired mental capacity–to handle a “non-venomous” snake; bad things can happen, to the handler and to the snake;

(2) Never encourage or allow a snake to bite you or another person, even if the snake is one of the “harmless” species–I posit this rather commonsense bit of trivia for those who may think getting bitten by a non-venomous snake would be cool–you know who you are–and to possibly dissuade others from indulging in such foolishness; but, if a snake bite occurs,

(3) Remove the snake from the bite wound as soon as the bite occur to lessen the risk of secondary infection or complications from interactions with the snake’s saliva;

(4) Let the bite wound bleed for a time sufficient to cleanse the wound of the snake’s saliva and any contaminants the snake’s teeth may have introduced into the wound; generally the wound will stop bleeding once all contaminants have been cleared;

(5) Wash the wound thoroughly, after the wound stops bleeding, using antiseptic soap and clean water;

(6) Monitor the wound for signs of swelling or unusual tenderness;

(7) Seek medical attention at once if swelling or unusual tenderness develops, or if you begin to experience any other unusual medical signs or symptoms such as diminished mental capacity, high or low blood pressure, discoloration or bruising at the wound site; you may be experiencing a reaction to the snake’s saliva.

(1) Don’t allow a child–or an adult with impaired mental capacity–to handle a “non-venomous” snake; bad things can happen, to the handler and to the snake
I find that hilarious. Just the wording. You should be a stand up comic.

yeah i can be well spoken when something rather indulging pops up such as this goof and his mate toying with a scrubby haha, seriously what was he thinking?

I have no idea I mean people undergo courses to handle snakes in the wild for a reason. I wouldn't toy around with a big as* python unless for some reason it were necessary.

next thing will be a news story on some fool thinking he knew "alot" about snakes and tried to handle what he thought to have believed to been a "carpet python" resulting in a deadly bite from a "highly" venomous snake hahaha.

i mean steve irwin was a legend and knew what he was doing but so many people try to imitate and think if you dress up in clothes like him you can handle any reptile/animal.

Depends I know kids that can handle venomous spiders they were a little loco though. I also know people who grew up handling venomous snakes mistaking them for harmless snakes who never got bitten my family have always been able to handle the odd blue tongue and parrot (Nasty biters even with only half a beak) But that is because we were raised to be aware and were taught how to do so. I mean my 11 year old sister is hand rearing a budgie. But snakes of any type when in the wild should be left alone unless absolutely necessary and in which case only a skilled handler should move them.

i mean steve irwin was a legend and knew what he was doing but so many people try to imitate and think if you dress up in clothes like him you can handle any reptile/animal.
So my karki shorts wont do the trick no more,i betta stop handling them Carpets-or were they taipans...Is that why i have 2 punture marks on my leg and i feel like vomiting,gee it looked like a carpet python..Oh well quess my name isnt Steve after all....

lol if your worried about an infection then go see a doctor...

Clean bite with dettol or similar and man up. Thats it.

No, sorry Peter, looks as if he will have to have his forearm removed, probably has gangreen now along with all the other serious infections the scrubby had in its teeth when it bit him........poor kid. Must be terrible.
I mean, this was a large python bite, must have needed a couple hundred stitches as well I would imagine.

I have handled my fair share of wild scrubs (over 100 at least during relocations)

Have only ever had one fully try and go me the rest where all very freindly, you must of got that one in a hundred ;)

or just have little experiance handling reptiles, maybe next time leave the 2.5m scrubs, people think that just because there pythons there harmless which is deffiantly not true...

im with craig.a.c on this one. i have been bitten by my 2.7m male scrubby about 5 years ago and i required 14 stitches and micro surgery to remove the teeth that were stuck in the bone. also as scorps said, i have never encountered an agressive wild scrubby. i havent handled 100 like he has but atleast 25 or 30.

I wouldn't exactly call Scrub pythons in the wild as being placid, it doesn't take to much pysical attention and they will readily pay you back with a bite.
A wild Pilbara Woma , I would consider placid.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back