black necked beardies

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

neven

Reaction score
hey my beardie has recently been getting a black neck occasionally.... is this a sign of mating or wat?
ta nev

Means he is angry or warning you to back off.

lol u serious?? i havent been here all day... maybe it was the boy chasing her?? cos this is the second time she has had a black beard...
looks pretty sik tho
nev

n its the girl.... well girl is wat i was told she was from a pet store...
nev

Hmm...Maybe its a male and the one with the black beard is being territorial? How old are they?

ah... i had em around 6mnths but the supposid male hasnt been eating much so he is half her size... but eating more lately
nev

HMm....im not sure...I only have a beardie and havent breed any...All I can guess is that they are both males...Maybe give Junglesrus a PM?

yeh in melbourne beardies r available at pet stores....
ta belinda
nev

Do you need to present your licence when you buy it Neven?

neva new u had to show license??? or that u could get them at a pet store?
nev

At this time of year male beardies get black beards and chest for breeding displays. Generally it's the most you'll see it all year.

Hey BK, you can buy reptiles from pet shops in other states by acquiring an import permit, have you visited the links to Herpshop and Ultimate reptiles? The shop owner will give you advice on how to go about it, it is a simple process. That is how I bought my Stimsons python recently.
(sorry to go off topic guys, it's all yours!) Parko.

Yuppers Nev, I reckon you got your boy and girl back to front! The black beard at this time of year usually signifies he is a boy in the mood for love :)

Blackbeard! "har har me hearty's!"...........sorry couldnt resist. :D

LOL... Damn, beat me to it Wattso. :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back