blind snakes..

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Renagade

Very Well-Known Member
Reaction score
Does anybody keep blind snakes?... Does anyone keep blind snakes to feed other herps that they keep? Before i get charred, somewhere it happens, so many awesome little class 2 lic with fussy appetites. Having asian house geckos would help, but it doesn't account for everyone.. what about skinks, frogs i'd even like to hear about fish. pms welcome. i have incorperated a picture so this thread looks interesting enough to reply to.

FF0059d.jpg

not my picture, thanks google images.

what about if you just wanted a golden crown snake and a bandy bandy, not 24 other standard reps? or if you keep at exhibition style places? wildlife care?

I know someone who has a Bandy Bandy feeding voluntarily on pinkies, I don't think they are as fussy as people think. I would need a very, very good reason to be keeping something which needed to be fed Blind Snakes if I had to breed them myself, more because of the effort taken to produce them than ethical reasons. I feed rats and mice to snakes, and I eat meat, but breeding reptiles to feed to reptiles sounds very work intensive. For me personally, if it's not suited to captivity, I'm not interested in keeping it. If other people want to put the work in, good on them :)

Blind snakes eat ate larvae it would be very tideous to Keep let alone breed them

Blind Snakes would be very boring to keep as they live most there life under ground, soo you would hardly see them. Here is a picture of a Blackish Blind Snake i found the other day under a rock, it was eating the ant larvae as you can see in the picture as it spewed it up on my dad's hand. If i had the chance to keep a Golden Crowned Snake i would, as i would put the effort into keeping it as they in my opinion are one of the most interesting Elapids i have came across.
Thanks Tim.

blackish-blind-snake-ramphotyphlops-nigrescens-23695.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back