Blonde Spotted Female possible Stimpsons cross???

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
why are people always so convinced their snakes are hybrids because they 'look different' ?
snakes vary so much in the wild and its hard to find 2 patterns that look even close to the exact same

First off I am from the USA and Antaresia in general are very limited here. Most people here don't even know there are locales of Antaresia species, let alone know very much about them. There are maybe 6-7 people total here in the USA including myself that specialize in these snakes and we are about the only ones who have serious interest in breeding this genus of pythons in the US to produce the best quality animals possible and maybe bring new color or pattern morphs to the reptile hobby here through selective breeding. So yes it is a bit difficult to be sure when one of the authors of The Complete Children's Python Book tells you your animal looks weird... kinda like a Stimpsoni X Maculosa hybrid. So that is why I brought my question here to an Australian forum where I can get a better answer.

Last edited:
First off I am from the USA and Antaresia in general are very limited here. Most people here don't even know there are locales of Antaresia species, let alone know very much about them. There are maybe 6-7 people total here in the USA including myself that specialize in these snakes and we are about the only ones who have serious interest in breeding this genus of pythons in the US to produce the best quality animals possible and maybe bring new color or pattern morphs to the reptile hobby here through selective breeding. So yes it is a bit difficult to be sure when one of the authors of The Complete Children's Python Book tells you your animal looks weird... kinda like a Stimpsoni X Maculosa hybrid. So that is why I brought my question here to an Australian forum where I can get a better answer. So please before posting a comment like that make sure you read the thread first.

I wasn't posting the question in a negative way or directing it to you, was directing it to everyone on this forum who if their carpet python is a bit lighter or has a weird stripe they automatically jump onto thats its a hybrid.

I wasn't posting the question in a negative way or directing it to you, was directing it to everyone on this forum who if their carpet python is a bit lighter or has a weird stripe they automatically jump onto thats its a hybrid.

LOL No worries I agree! It's the same thing with Ball Python keepers over here..... if it's a normal Ball Python and has a lighter overall color or a small little lighter colored blotch in a saddle on it's side it's gotta be a new morph! gotta breed it and prove it out! LOL

LOL No worries I agree! It's the same thing with Ball Python keepers over here..... if it's a normal Ball Python and has a lighter overall color or a small little lighter colored blotch in a saddle on it's side it's gotta be a new morph! gotta breed it and prove it out! LOL

Oh lord, if thats what the aussie hobby came too i'd be one of the first ones to leave every single reptile internet page lol !

Oh lord, if thats what the aussie hobby came too i'd be one of the first ones to leave every single reptile internet page lol !

It's pretty bad over here with the Ball Pythons....I would say 80% of the hobby here is Ball Python keepers now and because of that the prices for all the new morphs drop almost by half each year that goes by because so many people are breeding them each year. A lot of people who actually keep other types of snakes here in the US are getting incredibly sick of Ball Pythons and what they have done to the reptile hobby here. Especially since it attracts all the wrong people, because in a lot of peoples minds they see these snakes worth hundreds up to thousands of dollars so they jump in it spend a bunch of money on animals, caging, etc thinking they will make it all back and get rich breeding snakes. Not the case since most people go online look at prices for current morphs and then price them at half of what everyone else is selling for. So other people see those prices and go even lower and so on and so forth. That is the problem with our hobby over here currently. Especially the reptile shows, about every table is nothing but Ball Pythons and people have stopped going to shows because of it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back