'Bloody big' cane toad found in Seaford

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

herptrader

Very Well-Known Member
Reaction score
svTOAD_wideweb__470x322,0.jpg

http://www.theage.com.au/articles/2007/05/16/1178995236247.html?from=top5

nasty!
i remember when i lived in QLD as a kid we used to go around the the neighbours and "hunt" the cane toads to their backyard. there were just so many we would get about 20 odd twice a week.
ahhhh, they were simpler times with simpler entertainment, lol

yeah be get some monsters in our area. I remember I ran one over once that was so big that the steering wheel jerked in my hand! Felt like id brushed a kerb! Always kill them quickly though, no point being cruel...

Wood Nymph, i loved those days when I was 10yrs old, (Im 19 now), and we used to hunt the cane toads around the streets at night. We'd kill em quick though, no point in being cruel about it. Except I can't say those are over as my boyfriend and brother did it about 3 wks ago, and scored about 25. I reckon we could get 50 a week no worries. Thing is we have SO many frogs. When it rains theyre ALL over the deck, roof rafters, plants, our cars, just everywhere! Green ones ( i think are eastern dwarf tree frogs ), light brown speckled ones, dark brown blotched ones, theyre all here in the hundreds!

I am with Moose. It was a silly Queenslander that imported these ugly pests in the first place and now they are out of control!

If they were to get established in Melbourne, which is quite conceivable with global warming and the mild winters we have been having then it would indeed be a tragedy!

You northerners are welcome to them but only if you can restrict them to your own back yard.

I do hope that one day they can be irradicated... along with cats.

It was a silly queenslander a long time ago! I think it may have been a government decison too. But dont worry, i'm doin my part to keep their numbers down:)

the good old days? i still hunt toads now, good fun, my mate even used them as snake food, no jokes bout that either

LOL no worries herptrader me too! Whats with herp owners hating cats? I think its aweful. Please keep those comment to yourselves, im a herp and cat lover - an animal lover. I think cane toads were partly a government decision, ******, but dont worry ill do my part to irradicate them :)

Whats with herp owners hating cats? I think its aweful. Please keep those comment to yourselves, im a herp and cat lover - an animal lover. :)

Well, well..

Feral and non feral cats fill themselves up on reptiles, and other natives.

And if the Victorians want the Cane toads to stay in Queensland, im happy to help, aslong as you Victorians stop coming North :shock:

we cant love all animals, we need to protect our native species, wipe out toads, feral cats, wild dogs, goats, pigs, wild horses, feral donkeys, camels, buffalo, rabbits, hares, foxes, carp, gambusia, trout salmon etc, they are all destroying our native fauna and flora and need to go, and yes my mate has a keelback

i dont wanna sound like a fool BUT is that seaford on the mornington peninsula? if so what the hell are they doing down there?

alot of herp people hate cats cos they kill alot of the native wildlife, when they should infact hate the owners that let them out of the house in the first place. i dont mind cats that are kept indoors, the rest should have targets drawn on them.....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back