'Bloody big' cane toad found in Seaford

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
not the cats faults though so maybe the owners should have the targets.. I dont like cats because I am hugely allergic to them but i would never want to hurt one.... I have a phobia about cane toads i cant stand them and we have heaps of them where we are and no frogs the cane toads got em all.. poor little frogs dont you think a frog is much nicer then a cane toad??? animal or not at least its not killing evrything in sight including several stupid dogs i have had through life which decided cane toads look yummy! sorry cane toads got to GO!!!

i kill canetoads all the time i hate them 1 swing their dead great golf practice lol i personally couldnt go and find a normal house cat an kill it but feral animals i wouldnt even feel bad, australia would be a better place without ferals and even normal cats kill everything nearly my next door neighbour is really cruel to cats and toads i wont tell you wat he does cause use will probly blow my head of for not saying anything 2 him but he is huge he'd probly eat me haha

LOL no worries herptrader me too! Whats with herp owners hating cats? I think its aweful. Please keep those comment to yourselves, im a herp and cat lover - an animal lover. I think cane toads were partly a government decision, ******, but dont worry ill do my part to irradicate them :)

So pests are fine as long as they have fur or cute little doe eyes?

ooh, i'd like cat slippers,..tehy do feel nice,...

Wow I didn't even knw toads had made it down that far:shock:
But my nana even does her part in erradicatin them she's 80 odd and stills likes to run em over.
when I was a kid my mates and I would nail them great family fun if you ask me. My dad and Uncle put a hockey stick through the neigbours window one christmas eve hunting toads.:lol:

who's seen the cane toad documentary???
funny stuff, its a few years old but some peope love the evil things!! im talking kissing them and feeding them dog food 'loving'
if you havent seen it watch it, very very funny..... high light of film studies in yr 12

ooooohhhh that is a big one.... probably need a cricket bat for that one instead of a golf club..... *runs outside tryin to find dads old one just in case i come across one* LOL

i dont wanna sound like a fool BUT is that seaford on the mornington peninsula? if so what the hell are they doing down there?

Yep, that is the place. Probably down on holiday... but it will be the last trip it takes.

Its one that has been "exported" from north, if they were breeding down there you would know it. I remember when they arrived on the Gold coast in the late 1970s, they were everywhere, i would kill 60 to 70 a night in our backyard.
However they have not reached the hills behind the gold coast, nor are they near stanthorpe even though they have had 20 years to travel the few hundred kilometers. I think the winter water temperature is the limiting factor .
However Mike Tyler says they could reach SA along the Murray, not living in the actual river but in the swamps and billibongs along the river.
BTW, they are NOT a declared pest. in Queensland so there is no legal requirement to. control them.

I would concede that some ferals are worse than others but Cats, Foxes, Cane Toads & Rats and some others definitely do not belong here at all.

Even the less invasive and damaging species such as some of the deer species and things like sparrows I would happily see irradicated.

Even on the domestic front I find it strange that we irradicate native habitat to and the species that live there to farm introduced species when native animals such as kangaroos would be a far better choice to be farmed and harvested. They also tollerate local conditions like drought a lot more effectively.

Alas every time I see a cat I cannot help but see hundreds of dead native birds, mamals, reptiles and frogs.

Back on thread Cane Toads are eating machines and fatal to almost anything that tries to eat them.

Well, well..

Feral and non feral cats fill themselves up on reptiles, and other natives.

And if the Victorians want the Cane toads to stay in Queensland, im happy to help, aslong as you Victorians stop coming North :shock:

Yeah kangaroo's would make a good animal to be farmed and harvested but they would be harder to herd, you'd need a lot more workers to help capture them, not to mention those powerful legs and claws that could rip you open and you'd need 6ft fences and all this other stuff just to keep em in/on a property.
they're just not the cheapest/easiest option, humans are lazy :p

And yes if i was a Queenslander i'd take out as many toads as i could but im not so i'll leave it to you guys!

I dont mind cane toads..... as long as their defrosted on a dissection tray. I especially like the one that got me full marks for my practical last year at uni :)

hornet, we have wild feral buffalo?

what about african miner birds. they are horrible. kill off the brown ones, but PLEASE dont kill the grey ones. they are native.

i cant imagin the day toads come down to sydney. argh!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back