Bloody Dogs!

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
1080 is nasty stuff, most of our raptors were from secondary poisoning from the grainery (used to poison pigeons still do actually) i dont care what anyone says i dont think they ever fully recover

Yeh my farmer uncle lost one of his kelpie's to neighbours who thought it was a fox. They came and apologised and everything. Bit far from this but yeh, go the angry dog line, if any line at all, and thats it. Hey I love dogs and cats I tollerate but lets be responsible owners.

Edit: Actually, now I have read more of the thread, seems you have every right to either kill it, have it killed, or at least get the owners where it hurts-their pockets.

Last edited:
Wow this thread got moving.. funny how if it were a CAT I was talking about nobody would be defending anything haha aahh hypocrisy how great.

Not many actually support killing pets, dog, cat or other. IMO killing a dog or cat that is obviously someones pet is dodgy. Ferals are a differant story, you are actually required to kill/control them.

Up here in North Queensland the large, out of control dogs go after the native wildlife a lot. They regularly get Cassowaries down in Mission Beach. It's horrible, but at least it was just a sheep. Yes, they probably will kill more livestock, but really - if you figured out a way NOT to have to go back to an obviously neglectful, unhappy home for survival, wouldn't you be like "YEAH! We can DO THIS!"
I don't think they should be killed, maybe taken in by RSPCA and moved to a non-rural, non-livestock-y area...

Really Gordo? Even if they are stock killers?

Graphite, how can they be moved to a non-livestock area? Their owners probably live on my street I doubt they will move.

Sorry to hear bout the sheep. Being half mauled Then shot isn't the nicest way to go I could imagine. I am in agreeance with you, if the owners aren't responsible enough to control/keep any pet that could cause/has caused damage, and winds up on someones property, and is taken care of, yes it's the owners fault, and that's another reason why it should be dealt with then and there whether through a trap or otherwise. The owner couldn't contain thier pet, it's thier fault with regards to what happens to it. It got on your property and shouldn't be there (owners fault) so being on your property and causing damage especially, you can take matters to your own hands because it down right shouldn't be there in the first place. And whether a cat or a dog or otherwise, I am unbiased when it comes to captive care. Cats indoors, dogs in a yard or run, if they breach this it's the owners fault, and the problem is to be dealt with.

If you where sitting in a paddock at night making sheep calls to lure in predators, dogs might be the last of your problems. Kiwis are immigrating to Australia in record numbers these days....
Made my day.

Had a similar problem in cairns. feral dogs were killing calves every night, eating the liver and kidneys the leaving the rest of the animal to rot. Even though we managed to shoot a few, it was still a huge problem so called dept of primary industries (DPI) and got permission to bait the area. had to notify all the neighbours, so if they didnt lock their dogs up too bad.
cheers

A lot of the communities in the NT have major trouble with dogs.....What used to be skinny kelpie type dogs now have a major pit bull , mastif etc influence.

I was in Jabiru one night and saw a huge hairy mastif cross mating with a local dingo....I wonder what these pups will prey on when they grow up feral.....scary as a dog as big as the father was would easily take down an adult human.

if it is on ur property mate and u have sheep u could just say thru the scope it looked like a wild dog and what can they say?
some people shouldnt be able to own a dog

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back