Blue tongue - maybe pregnant?

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

yeahbutno

Reaction score
Hey guys, havent been on here for agees. Hope everyone had a nice christmas and new year.
Anyways I know these threads are annoying and in numbers, but i did a search with no help.
I recieved this blue tongue from someone who could no longer look after it. I put him/her outside in a pit which includes a few other species but i should mention there's also 2 blue tongues (were a breeding pair, although didnt this year gone), and a shingleback in there (seen the cross photos, so that's not out of the question). Anyways, the blue tongues behavour has changed heaps. Never see it out anymore, always burrowing or hiding somewhere where as the others come flying out to eat and stuff. They all get along, well used to before it went into hiding.
The photo makes her look normal, but shes actually pretty buffed out, especially considering shes not eating too much anymore.. Also, she's really heavy. Like I said, it's not a really good photo but I was wondering if anyone could help me out in finding out if she is pregnant. I haven't been weighing her or anything either. Thanks
-ybn

Attachments

• IMG_3315.JPG
    IMG_3315.JPG
    52.6 KB · Views: 154
~4 years old. I have a proven breeding pair in with her which didnt breed, maybe he knocked this one up? I didnt see them together before she started hiding. I just realised that photo doesnt show much. Way more noticeable in flesh. I guess ill just wait it out

With her being 4 years old, it is possible the male mated with her this time.
yeah you have to wait till she starts dropping baby's.

I have found with my breeding females that when they are pregnant the glands on either side of the neck swell. Can you post some more pics?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back