Blue Tongue vs Bearded Dragon

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I have had a blue toungue before and the he was a very good handler.
Never wanted to run off. Best choice for a beginner I believe.

Beardeds are very very fast. Adult dragons that have been handled quite a lot are usually much more reluctant to bolt than young or new dragons.

Also, if you're new to keeping dragons, then only buy one (instead of keeping a few in a tank). You won't know the dynamics of keeping them together (how they interact and what it means, etc.) and recognise signs of stress early enough. Much, much safer to have one animal per enclosure.

I've never had blueys so I dont know about them...However I had a couple of beardies and they were really good...I got them out all the time, never had them even look like they were going to escape, or run anywhere, I let them have free range of my lounge room when I had them out and never lost them and I never saw them move very fast. I guess it all depends on the animal, get what appeals to you most.
Oh, by the way, my beardies were fine with young kids.

I've had both and I'd recommend a blue tongue. They are both great pets, beardies are more exciting to look at, but if you want it for your 7 yr old I'd definitely go with the bluey.

We have both and kids (6 and 7yo) prefer the Blue Tongues and Shingle Backs. Have two of each skink in a tank a foot longer than yours with a single Beardy. All are this seasons hatchies though. Will possibly move skinks outside next summer The skinks hide sometimes but are out much of the time. Love 'em all but I am a sucker for bluies:D. My camra just died:rolleyes: $25 for Bluies, $50 for Shingleback, $50 for Central Beardy who is colouring up very nicely:D

Thanks everyone for the input its been of great help. All I need to do now is get the enclosure setup and decide which way to go.

I'd go the bluey - easier and cheaper to feed, ours are very friendly and will happily sit and watch TV for hours!

ok im 12 years old and i have a bearded dragon about 6 weeks old its very skittish and is a bit young to be handled i think but I'm getting a blueie in a few days and i couldn't make up my mind so i just got both.

so if i was u id just get both

I'm sorry but why did you people gravedig this thread?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back