Boa C. Amarali

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

trendkill

Not so new Member
Reaction score
Bolivian and Brazilian locales :) :

bolivian2.jpg

IMG_1452.jpg

new4.jpg

IMG_4072.jpg

Thanks for looking!

just shows that Australia is not only the place for beautiful snakes :), they are gorgeous.
Thanks for sharing them with us.

They are great snakes thats for sure. I cant get over how nice your shots are for a digital compact camera. Do you use photo shop at all?

i love boas woooooo
i wish we could have them in Australia... (responsibly of course)

Nat ;)

Amazing looking snakes you have.

Trendkill, curiously, what are they like to keep? Temperament wise etc?

These guys are a pleasure to keep. They are a smaller, thicker bodied sub species.. generally growing no longer than 6 feet (1.8 meters) in length. They can be very hissy and aggressive as babies, but within a few weeks of gentle handling, most become very docile. Each animal pictured here is very placid and easy to handle.

Interesting. I had heard that some boas are biting machines. Beautiful animals!

Interesting. I had heard that some boas are biting machines. Beautiful animals!

Really? Over here most boas are considered very docile. If handled regularly even aggressive adults and imports can become gentile giants. Common Imperators are very popular pets, even for older children (my grade school teacher had one in her classroom, and that's where my fascination began), due to their generally lazy and docile nature. The Boa C. Constrictor and Boa C. Occidentalis sub species are more likely to display moodiness or occasional aggression, but even they are well behaved most of the time (I find that if they've eaten recently, they're usually in a good mood, haha).

Really? Over here most boas are considered very docile. If handled regularly even aggressive adults and imports can become gentile giants. Common Imperators are very popular pets, even for older children (my grade school teacher had one in her classroom, and that's where my fascination began), due to their generally lazy and docile nature. The Boa C. Constrictor and Boa C. Occidentalis sub species are more likely to display moodiness or occasional aggression, but even they are well behaved most of the time (I find that if they've eaten recently, they're usually in a good mood, haha).

I don't doubt you. The person I heard it from has never owned boas in their life, lol. Just goes to show to not believe everything you hear. :lol:

You are much better off believing very little of what you are told :) My own experience with Boas is they tend to be generally placid and relaxed BUT like any snake they are individuals.

Sweet snakes

Man people should start breeding them here.

I know heaps of people with boa's there sick and our laws suck balls

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back